1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warhammer Total war

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Crillaz, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Crillaz
    Cold One

Crillaz Member

I guess that most of you have heard that Creative Assembly are planning a warhammer Total war game.

Im not talking about the mod now.

Have you seen any news about it? Like in the latest month or so?

/Crillaz

2. Rettile
    Ripperdactil

Rettile Active Member

i'm waiting that game so hard but sadly there are no news since the announcement. And they said that the game would be out in 2013... i don't even know if they are going to make it or if they decided to not make it at all

3. Crillaz
    Cold One

Crillaz Member

The last "real" thing I know is that they announced for a game developer with a deep understanding of warhammer. That is a while since then though.

4. Ondjage
    Razordon

Ondjage Member

Dark omen was fantastic!!

5. Rettile
    Ripperdactil

Rettile Active Member

well, at least Mordheim's videogame seems to be real

6. VampTeddy
    Terradon

VampTeddy Active Member

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/12/total-war-developer-gets-warhammer-video-game-license/

"beyond 2013"

I think we're looking at lte year or nextyear, the license was officially acquired dec 2012, and games usually go through development over 2-3 years. Since the engine probably is in place, i'd reckon late time this year, or next year is a probable bet.

Let's just play mordheim till thn and hope LM get's a part :D

7. Guran
    Skink

Guran New Member

Wow, they are actually gonna make this? That is so friggin awesome. I always loved the total war games and this cou;ld easily become one of my favorite games.

8. lordkingcrow
    Temple Guard

lordkingcrow Active Member

Any more recent word on this? I noticed nothing has been mentioned since last year.

9. Korhedron
    Saurus

Korhedron Member

It's made by CA. They take their own sweet time with projects, and releases still tend to be buggy the first weeks. But I'm so happy that they take that time, as they've needed a revamp of that core engine! Rome 2 was a bit crap compared to their other releases. But have patience: good balance, thematic music, strategic maps and a take on the genre that we've not seen in years requires that the Dev is not rushed :)

10. Saurian
    Skink

Saurian Member

Next release is Atilla: Total War, which looks to Rome 2, what Napoleon was to Empire. I imagine the Warhammer Total War would be the next release after that. It will be AWESOME. I'm particularly interested about campaign dynamics. Obviously the Empire and Bretonnia will be able to borrow a lot from the likes of Medieval... but what about Skaven? Or chaos warbands? etc etc. And undead? How would an "economy" work for undead? You conquer villages which provide you for the requisition to create zombies etc?

Either way it will be good and much needed.

11. lordkingcrow
    Temple Guard

Speaking of races... Is it assumed that all races will be included in the game?

12. Rettile
    Ripperdactil

Rettile Active Member

I don't know which races are going to be playable (or just included) in this game, but if they have to ignore some armies, our army will be the first to be ignored. Why? First of all, fluffwise lizards are far away from the different forces, they don't interact very much with them. Secondly lizardmen do not fit in the traditional fantasy themes like dwarfs, elves, greenskins or even bretonnia and the empire. Then we have to recognize that 3D liz models would be hard to make if compared to some of the other forces. That means that i seriously hope that all races will be included, because i want to play my lizards even on my PC ^^

13. Saurian
    Skink

Saurian Member

There's room for ALL of the races really, especially all of the main armies. Cathay, Ind, Nippon, Estalia, Tilea, Pirates of Sartosa, Halflings will all be ignored first before Lizardmen.

There are Lizardmen on the main continent in the proximity of the Tomb Kings as there is a TK city called Rasetra which was well known even before they were undead for their lizard auxillaries. They had cold ones pulling chariots, kroxigors and thunderlizards (Bastillodons).

The main bulk are in Lustria but then you could argue the same for the Dark Elves, Naggaroth is north of Lustria and fairly off on its own.

I can at the very least envisage a game that has all the main modelled armies.

14. lordkingcrow
    Temple Guard

Here is something I've found entertaining until the "official" version comes out. :)

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?623476-Warhammer-Total-War-A-Call-To-Arms-Released!

15. Trociu
    Chameleon Skink

Trociu Active Member

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/01/14/its-time-total-war-warhammer-confirmed/

for tl;dr 's:
    Someone already got an artbook coming up this month, and there's sentence statening that they are creating Warhammer world NOW. Rumours from other sites tell that on their conferance in march they will announce this as their next game because it's after realising Total War: Attilla.

16. Rettile
    Ripperdactil

Rettile Active Member

the sad thing is we're probably going to see a "9th edition wh total war"

17. SilverFaith
    Terradon

SilverFaith Member

I just wondering how they intend to implement magic.

18. jayzerus
    Skink

jayzerus Member

My guess would be a small band of troops that augment others nearby. I'm thinking similar to the barbarian Druid unit in Rome I.

19. Trociu
    Chameleon Skink

Trociu Active Member

I don't think so. Current WHFB is closer to Total War series than rumoured 9th edition. And even it would be based on 9th edition then we there's higher chance that we see lizards cause in 8th they were far away from action.

20. Saansilt
    Jungle Swarm

Saansilt New Member

Did any of you catch Gameinformer's article on it?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/01/14/rumor-creative-assembly-is-working-on-a-warhammer-version-of-total-war.aspx

Not much of anything, but it is there.