1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Warhammer Underworlds on Steam

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Cuetzpal Pilli, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Cuetzpal Pilli
    Temple Guard

Cuetzpal Pilli Well-Known Member

Hey fellow lizards!

Curious; is anyone considering, or have already, purchased the recently released Warhammer Underworlds video game on Steam? If you've already purchased, how is it so far?

I've never played the tabletop version and am curious to try the virtual version. Especially considering the game is just a little more than just one warband. Figure this is the best place to post since this is heavily AoS-related.

PS: The game is on sale right now and is 20% off!

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

if I remember correctly the game is free to play, but additional warbands costs money. It'd depend a lot on how aggresive those warbands will be priced, as well as any additional cards and other content. Aside from that it's the same game, so either just try out the physical one or this one and you'l quickly get a feeling for it. It's a fairly straightforward game.

In general though, the game depends heavily on having a "good" deck. For example the basic deck you got in the first game for the Khorne warband had several cards in it that are useless (e.g. a heal while all your guys get oneshotted...). So try a couple of rounds with different decks until you get something that makes sense for your warband.

Aside from that, it's quite quick, relativly straightforward, but feels a bit too random for my taste. It's very easy for a key fighter to get oneshot turn 1 and your entire strategy collapsing. Similarly you might end up drawing objectives you can't viably complete. And with only 3 turns and a handfull of fighters 1 round of bad (or good) luck has a lot of impact. Which personally I don't like. I'm not sure how much that improves as you get better at the game.

Cuetzpal Pilli likes this.
  3. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

there is no seraphon or CoS teams so no maybe when they diside to include use ill try it out

Cuetzpal Pilli likes this.
  4. Cuetzpal Pilli
    Temple Guard

Cuetzpal Pilli Well-Known Member

@Canas looked after I posted the thread and the game went into beta earlier this year but now officially launched with six warbands at the base price of $30 ($24 after discount). But I definitely agree with you in that they will be selling separate warbands later on much like the tabletop version. I've never been a fan of card deck building games and only got the WU starters for the minis. I might do some more research or wait a while before I pull the trigger on the virtual version. Steam loves having sales so I'm sure there will be a similar or even bigger discount somewhere down the line.

@Erta Wanderer I feel you on the Seraphon warband. Well, at least we'll get the tabletop release first and we all know new Seraphon models will sell like crazy if/when that happens!

Canas and Erta Wanderer like this.