1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Weapon for Scar-Vet on Carnosaur

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Flo, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Flo
    Kroxigor

Flo Well-Known Member

So title pretty much says everything,

building a new Scar-Vet on Carnosaur and i am unsure which weapon i want to take.

Not really into magnetizing atm so i would like to take whats best in the most cases

After doing some math, versus a target with a 4+ Save or worse, the normal Blade works best. At a 3+ Save the Spear or Greatblade (both the same without any buffs) are slightly better

What are you guys using and why? :)

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  2. serafellow
    Skink

serafellow New Member

Hello, personally, I quite like the blade with 6 attacks paired with the sword of judgement relic, this almost guarantees you get the d6 Mortal wounds off which is excellent for assasinating heroes imo. One time, a death opponent carelessly place a necronmancer behind his skeletons, so I preceded to losat in and murder him with 6 mortal wounds, although he probs would have died regardless lol, but still, very cool.

3. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

With Realm artifacts, blade is the best choice. You can make it rend -3 or give +1" and many other stuff. Without realm artefacts, spear is the best all around, because seraphon have access to rerolls to-hit in several ways, which mitigates it's poor to-hit value to some extent.

Greatblade is the worst choice because of weaker damage multipliers. +1 damage artefact on spear will double it's damage, while blade will recieve only 50% boost. It benefits more from Old blood's on carno ability, but you have jaws for it anyway.

In Aos2 I'd certainly go for Blade.

MackiMac, Aginor and Flo like this.
  4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I magnetized mine so I can use either the Spear or the Blade.
    But most of the time I will probably just use the Blade. Because of what the guys above me said.

MackiMac likes this.