1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you do when your best model breaks?

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Moc-Tzen, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Moc-Tzen
    Saurus

Moc-Tzen Active Member

I wonder, what do you do when your best model breaks? I think that as an artist this is one of the blows that can hurt the most when it does happen.

I know what you must be thinking, keep calm and breath, think positive and fix it. BUT what happens when you cannot leave it the same way it used to be? or perhaps cant remember the right position where it used to be once?

This happened to me yesterday, the plastic thing that suspends the Palanquin of the slann was a bit off so I tried to fix it, while doing it I accidentally took off the Oracle of the throne - which is converted - and I spent roughly 4 hours at the edge of madness trying to fix it.

Here are some pics of it BEFORE:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And this is how it is now:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

what do you think?

2. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

To be honest, I can't see what is wrong with it because your painting is so amazing... :artist:

Wonderful conversion!

Moc-Tzen, n810 and tom ndege like this.
  3. tom ndege
    Skar-Veteran

tom ndege Well-Known Member

I guess, the difference is so minimal no one will really notice... My imagination tells me, that she is a small tiny bit turned to the left. But I really can't say for sure...

Moc-Tzen likes this.
  4. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

...step back from the madness.

Moc-Tzen likes this.
  5. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

SlanntaClause Well-Known Member

What to do when your best model breaks?

Walk aimlessly into the wilderness and roam the forests seeking the true meaning of life - occasionally falling to your knees and gesturing to the sky exclaiming "Whhhhy god.....Whhhhhy* erratically sobbing all the while.

Moc-Tzen likes this.
  6. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

SlanntaClause Well-Known Member

Was going to post this in the golden serpent thread but it seems relevant here - the night I finished my conversion I left it on the bed and my fiancé ended up kicking the living Sh*re horse out of it. :p well she accidently knocked it with her foot and broke part of it. So glad I took pictures before to post it as an entry

7. Moc-Tzen
    Saurus

Moc-Tzen Active Member

Thank you for the encouragement guys. Key is to keep calm, think things carefully and do it when you are a lot more chilled.
    I re-did her again and this time she seems to be in almost the same exact spot, it will have to do now.

Metal its cool but it's a beyatch when you use it for gaming. seriously they need to release a plastic Slann.

Bowser likes this.
  8. Moc-Tzen
    Saurus

Moc-Tzen Active Member

I completely feel you man, it's a sould shattering feeling. I think only artists of this caliber can weight on the true pain of it.
    Glad you took pictures of it before thought, I did so as well for my slann.

What upsets me the most is that I can no longer get the paints to leave it the same, so I'll have to do with the new citadel paints.

9. spess
    Cold One

spess Well-Known Member

Yep, key would be to take pictures of the models you care about. In case of a disaster (or a godzilla-like pet smashing your minis), you at least have some point of reference to restore your mini.

Moc-Tzen likes this.