1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS What is your favorite Allegiance Ability Command Trait?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Scalenex, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I only played one real game so far but I chose Inspiring. I think that is likely to be my go-to ability. I like the 24 inch range. Our army has a mix of relatively mobile and relatively fast units. The mobile units are relatively likely to get in over their heads so they can benefit from the battle shock test boost.

Though all the command traits look useful. What is your favorite and why?

Also, Army books that have an alternate command trait but the Seraphon do not have one. I hear updates or errata are coming. Are we getting a set of Seraphon Command Traits? Do we already have some in some book or app I haven't seen yet?

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

If we get a new book we will get our own command traits, until then it's the order ones.
    It depends on my general. If I take a skink chief I will use master of defense to keep him alive a bit longer. If I use something tougher I will use Legendary Fighter or reckless depending on the build. Lots of factors in why I pick a command trait.

3. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

Hard to say. I really do enjoy rerolling my charges, but when I know I'm getting my General into combat, the +1 wound or attack is pretty nifty... Battleshock tends to either be not an issue for me, or it becomes an unsolvable issue (curse you Druthu with 18 damage in one swing).

Bowser likes this.
  4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I am very unhappy about the fact that there is not a single trait or artefact buffing ranged weapons. IMO all of that Order stuff is pretty useless except the additional wound and the battleshock stuff.
    Maybe if you play Saurus Heroes (Carnosaur or so) the ones for the melee weapons are also ok. But for my Skink army... meh.

Bowser and Crowsfoot like this.
  5. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

Heavily depends on the the list I 'm building each time since each list has its own strengths and weaknsesses.
    Battleshock really isn't an issue for me as well. I usually go Master of Defence since that 6+ invu really gets to help overall since besides normal wounds, it is the sole shield for our army vs mortal wounds - * awesome Bastiladons aside* - and with 1 successful save "already" works as "tenacious"unless the list has a healer for your general ( didn't happen to my lists so far )
    The other one I use depending on the situation is Legendary Fighter which can make a difference in some battles.

Bowser likes this.