1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. What should I add next?

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Andhe, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Andhe
    Saurus

Andhe Member

Hi all, as mentioned in a couple of other threads, old time player, back in the game after a 15+ year break. Alot has changed since then, and just starting to get my first army running. I got a good score on some second hand unpainted models, so this is what I have currently :

1x Oldblood
    1x Scar-vet BSB
    1x Tetto'eko
    1x Bastilidon w/ solar engine
    24x Skinks
    32x Saurus Warriors
    2x Salamander hunting packs.

Now, I have many things I would love to add.. but what should I add next, that will be most beneficial to me?
    Obviously Slann, is on the buy list. Just unsure what I should either add, or beef up first!

Edit : I'll be primarily be playing against Skaven, Dwarfs, Dark & High Elves locally, but there is a 2400 point tournament in October that I'd like to be ready for :)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  2. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

You barely have enough core troops to get to the larger size armies. A pair of Krox would let you turn some of the skinks into a Skrox unit.

3. Andhe
    Saurus

Andhe Member

Thats what I was thinking, at least another unit of saurus, and some more skinks, to start.
    As far as Tett goes, how do most people run him, by himself, or in a cohort?

4. Slanputin
    Carnasaur

Slanputin Well-Known Member

Agreed with the above. Boost your core units. Kroxigor is an easy way to do so, however I'd also build up another core unit proper. I have x30 Skinks so I can have 4 clouds of 10. It'll also help free you from having to use a Skrox if you want a larger army.

Beyond that there's the obvious - Slann, and Temple Guard (aim for at least 20) for the bunker. I cannot stress enough the utility of a Stegadon - point for point it's our most valuable Monster. I'd say the Slann and the Steg' are the next purchases that would really change your gameplay for the better.

After that, whilst expensive, Cold Ones are a really beneficial force and have helped me out of tight situations many times. Add to that a Scar-Ver/Oldblood on Cold One (who's also good for character/war machine sniping). Or you could just get a Carnosaur which are mightily fun., just don't let them get near those dwarfish cannons.

And after THAT Terradons are good for sniping war machines, and Razordons are good for enemy controlling charges (don't let their haters dissuade you otherwise!).

Andhe likes this.
  5. Andhe
    Saurus

Andhe Member

Thanks Slanputin, some great info there.
    I was already looking at some temple guard with the slann, and a steg is on the current buy list also.
    Maybe then at this point, getting a battalion box would be a good move? Giving me half the temple guard I need, some more skinks/saurus and some cold ones?
    Skinks I was thinking two groups with javelins, and two with blowpipes. Is this a good idea?
    I've been looking into Terr/Rippers too, just wasn't sure how useful they are as such.

n810 likes this.