1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS What To Buy Next?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by LukeDraconis, May 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. LukeDraconis
    Skink

LukeDraconis Active Member

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to get some more Seraphon models as well as decide on a 2k point list.

Right now I have a start collecting box where I built Scar-Vet on Carno (However I only have 3 knights since three that came with it were damaged), a box of knights (GW sent it to me due to the SC mess up), an unbuilt Bastiladon (waiting to get an airbrush to do the paint scheme I want on it), a skink starpriest, Lord Kroak, an Astrolith Bearer, 1 Salamander with 3 skink handlers, and a Balewind Vortex.

I'm thinking of doing a Kroaknado list with a Thunderquake Host if I can but I'm not sure if that is a viable army. I have been debating between getting a box of guards with an Eternity Warden or maybe getting 2 boxes of Skinks so I can finally get that block of 40 I see often on army lists. I just want to make sure that the next unit I get is going to be one that will be a significant addition to my army. I do want to eventually have enough to make a massive Starbeast Constellation (because there's never enough Seraphon models), but I feel it would be better to invest in getting a good, tough, 2k army done rather than get random models until I get the Constellation done.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your responses!

Crowsfoot likes this.
  2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Check this out and see what he runs, at first glance you think he has no chance.

3. LukeDraconis
    Skink

LukeDraconis Active Member

Hey Crowsfoot,

Wow, that was pretty awesome. I definitely like the power behind it, and the look of it was pretty nice too. My only thing is that I have Lord Kroak right now and not a regular Slann, would it be worth it to get the Slann next or perhaps get other units?

4. dinoSTARZ
    Cold One

dinoSTARZ Active Member

Kroaknado + Thunderquake is too expensive for my tastes in 2,000 points. 550 for kroak and balewind, 560 for two bastilidons and 180-220 for the trog or EOTG, another 80-240 for razordons and the 170 for the battalion itself leaves ~ 300 for battleline or other support which means you have 3 very strong units (kroak and 2 bastis) but itll be hard to protect them or get and hold objectives on like starstrike or the one with 4 as if you move your thunderquake away from each other they lose their bonuses. Unlike kroak + shadowstrike, this restriction makes it hard to get into the fight and kroak isn't going to kill enough to keep them from grabbing objectives and just avoiding your block of death.