1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your favorite YouTube battle report channel?

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by NIGHTBRINGER, May 27, 2015.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I'm always looking for good YouTube warhammer battle reports, so I figured that we could start a collection of links on here.

My favorite is none other than the legendary Lord Tremendous. He has a ton of great content on his channel and frequently adds more. Great commentary, humorous and just generally good fun...
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqMoElPxw8LbRlG-niGcStA
    The only downside is that he rarely faces Lizardmen.

So what are some of your favorite YouTube Battle rep channels?

2. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

This thread didn't pick up much momentum, lol.

I'm partial to @SkavenInAZ's stuff, mainly because he's so kind to share with us.

3. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

ASSASSIN_NR_1 Well-Known Member

It used to be MrMalorian, but then he stopped at WHF :(

4. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

There are some good ones at Blue Table Painting...

5. Iskander
    Chameleon Skink

Iskander Active Member

I can't link right now, but I also like SkavenInAZ, as well as Anthony from TheSustainableCenter, the "1 Plus Armour" crew, and one or two others.

I really like anyone who speaks clearly, opines honestly, and keeps their battle reports down around 20-30 minutes. Ain't nobody got time for no 4 hour video.

As a beginner, I found Joey Berry's introductory videos immensely helpful. Not bat reps, but she's great at explaining all this madness. However, she's been silent lately (something about parenthood!), and the game is clearly changing in a huge way. Still, for anyone who still wants to start miniature gaming in general, she could still be a great help.

Qupakoco likes this.
  6. SkavenInAZ
    Chameleon Skink

SkavenInAZ Active Member

Thanks for the likes guys!

My personal favorites are OnceBitten360 (the Godfather of the Youtubers), Ant from TheSustainableCenter, HammerBros (NarenZade has won like 3 GTs in the past 6 months), and WilliamPage... enjoy!

Iskander likes this.
  7. Haemoglobin
    Ripperdactil

Haemoglobin 9th Age Army Support

I like the "Chihammer" guy. Mainly O&G player that regularly plays at tournaments. He usually gets shafted by his animosity rolls though :p

8. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I do not like battle report videos. It's like watching someone else play only with an inferior view and no ability to interact with the players. If I do watch battIe report videos I feel obligated to set the video to 1.25 or 1.5 speed.

I can rarely tell what is going on in all but the broadest sense.

I like written battle reports better than video battle reports. The best written battle reports have diagrams or photos interspersed. When you have a written report it's easier to insert jokes in ideal places since you can edit things after the fact. It's easier to identify turning points in a battle. It's easier to keep track of what turn it is and which unit is doing what to who. It's easier to analyze and speculate on.

You can do a narrative written battle report. If you do a narrative video battle report it comes off as silly unless you are Peter Jackson.

Granted a bad video is better than a bad written report, but I just skip battle reports when I realize they aren't good.

9. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

Uhhmmm, is that he who will forever more be known as Lord (I-burned-my-armybook-in-a-Hibachi) Tremendous ??

10. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

While I wouldn't have burnt the BRB in his place, I do understand his reasoning even if I don't fully agree with it. Regardless, in my opinion he produced the most entertaining battle reports on YouTube. I'm just sad I'll never be able to play a game of Warhammer with him. He seems like he would be a fun opponent to play against... win, lose or draw.

11. pendrake
    Skink Priest

He liked 8th edition... ...why not keep playing it? As long both of you carried on playing those rules... What's with the: "never be able to play a game"?

12. pendrake
    Skink Priest

He probably had several, that one was probably the one his dog chewed on...

13. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I imagine he would throw tantrums and swear a lot. He also likes attention and enjoys the sound of his own voice (he had two last ever videos talking about WHF and he'll probably have a third "last" video eventually). Even if you take out the destructive display, he is very long-winded and abrasive. I do not believe he would be fun to play against.

14. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I agree with you, which is why I plan to continue on with 8th edition myself.

His reasons for moving on from 8th...
    • not wanting to continue on with a dead edition (no support, no/few tournaments, dwindling player base, etc)
    • not wanting to support GW (this guy was actually very positive about AoS even with all the rumours floating around until the rules came out and he played and observed the game)
    • excitement to try something new (warmachine/hordes, xwing & a few others)

His battle reports don't have the dark tone that his rant videos have. I've seen most of his over 200 battle reports and not once have I heard him say anything but positive things about his opponents. Plus I've only ever heard good things about Lord T. from other YouTube Warhammer channel owners. But to each their own.

15. Finnboy101
    Saurus

Finnboy101 Member

Miniwargaming anyone?

16. William Jackson
    Skink

William Jackson Member

I quite like miniwargaming