1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Where to go with my Lizards?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by mysticalslann, Oct 23, 2017.

1. mysticalslann
    Skink

mysticalslann New Member

Hey fellow Lizards!

Im struggling with the decision: what units i want to expanse my army?

Currently i got:

Slann Magepriest (yet to build+paint)
    Starpriest
    Eternity Warden

20 Saurus Guards
    5 Camo Skinks
    20 Saurus Warriors (yet to build+paint)

Converted myself
    12 Razordons
    4 Salamanders
    3 Skink Handlers

I planned to get more Warriors+ Sunblood for a Sunclaw Starhost but not really sure if i want to get another 40 warriors.

Only games i played were about 1000 Points an i fielded the Eternal Starhost with razordons. Even thou they rock and you can teleport 1 unit per turn, i find it lacks mobility.

Found some interesting lists like EStarhost+Shadowstrike, do you guys have some ideas or Inspiration for me?

Cheers!

Seraphage and NewlyColdBlooded like this.
  2. TheChief
    Jungle Swarm

TheChief New Member

Personally I love the idea of a bunch of awesome Saurus Heros buffing my battle lines, and having some utility units to fill the rest of the roster out.
    (I posted a 2000 point list right below your list).

I got some good feedback from a couple of guys on there. My suggestion to you would be to pick up some skinks to hold objectives and just be a nuisance to your opponent in general ;)

3. NewlyColdBlooded
    Jungle Swarm

NewlyColdBlooded New Member

So just realized I have two accounts on here, oops.
    My list is under this account...

4. Stormscales
    Saurus

Stormscales Active Member

You have 20 Saurus Guard? Did you get them second-hand, or are they from an older set? Right now they come in boxes of 15...

Anyway, I would recommend at least some Ripperdactyls and/or a big monster like a Bastiladon.

I don't use Saurus Warriors, so I can't comment on their effectiveness. If I used them at all, it would be in huge 40-man blocks to take advantage of number bonuses. When/if you build yours, give them spears.

5. PabloTho
    Razordon

PabloTho Well-Known Member

I would be looking into getting some bigger dinos. The Bastiladon and Stegadon are both really solid standalone units that don't need a lot of synergies to hold their own. Carnosaurs are fun too, but you'll get the most out of them with a saurus-heavy list.

A big pile of regular skinks would also be really effective and cheap support for your strong defensive core of saurus guard. 40 skinks skipping around the table followed by a teleporting astrolith bearer for rerolls affords you some of the mobility you're lacking as well as some decent damage output. Combine these with some ripperdactyls and your existing starpriest + chameleons and you should be able to field the Eternal/Shadowstrike starhost wombo combo in a 2k point game.

On another note, what did you use for your razordon and salamander conversions? I've been looking into converting around a dozen each of those because of how stupid expensive they are and can't find any models that would make a decent starting point.

6. mysticalslann
    Skink

mysticalslann New Member

Yeah. Love older models, so i got them on eBay. 20 old metal SG.

I got inspired here in the Forum, cant find the thread. The idea was to use the dinos from the dark elves and greenstuff Horns on them.
    So i was just about to buy some of These when i found something on eBay. got 15 cold ones (the old ones who dont have These dumb faces :]) for 12,50€ and so i just greenstuffed some Horns on their back. So I made 12 razordons and with the the remaining 3 I build Salamanders, where i green stuff the back of the old salamnder models, of wich i got one.

Thanks for the ideas guys.

7. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

Agreed with @PabloTho, you can never go wrong with Bastiladon - Solarbeam and Stegadon - Skystreak bow. In fact, if mobility is what you lack, go for a Steggy. Teleporting + d6 move makes a pretty solid charge chance with a -3 rend to hurt high priority targets