1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. which lore?

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by forlustria, Feb 9, 2013.

1. forlustria
    Ripperdactil

forlustria Well-Known Member

ok you guy have seen my list choices if not i post them now

Slann Mage-Priest, General, Focus of Mystery, The Focused Rumination, The Becalming Cogitation, Scroll, BSB, Standard of Discipline, Lore of Light - 440 Pts.

Saurus Scar-Veteran, Halberd, CO, Venom of the Firefly Frog, Armour of Fortune - 154 Pts.
    Saurus Scar-Veteran, Shield, LA, CO, Warrior Bane, Talisman of Preservation - 163 Pts.

37 Saurus Warriors, M, S - 425 Pts.
    10 Skink Skirmishers - 70 Pts.

9 Kroxigors - 495 Pts.
    26 Temple Guards, M, S, C - 451 Pts.

1 Salamander, 1 Skink Handler - 80 Pts.

Total: 2498

or

Slann Mage-Priest, General, Focus of Mystery, The Focused Rumination, The Becalming Cogitation, Bane Head, Scroll, BSB, Standard of Discipline, Lore of Death - 455 Pts.

Saurus Scar-Veteran, Halberd, CO, Venom of the Firefly Frog, Armour of Fortune - 154 Pts.
    Saurus Scar-Veteran, Shield, LA, CO, Warrior Bane, Talisman of Preservation - 163 Pts.

37 Saurus Warriors, M, S - 425 Pts.

9 Kroxigors - 495 Pts.
    26 Temple Guards, M, S - 437 Pts.

Total: 2499

so which one death with bane head or light or life with the other list. I really want to take death but someone thats going to this tournement is taking 2 banshees 5 hexwraiths and 3 spirit hosts and light has missles to deal with most of them death doesnt. But then i may not end up playing that guy anyway.

2. Rettile
    Ripperdactil

Rettile Active Member

personally i don't like death because it has only short range spells and you haven't got so many close combat units, so you need to take a lore wich can help your units in combat or that kills some more enemy models than one per spell. The number six of death is nice, but quite dangerous for your slann too. You could go with light, that is a lore that has everithing (wonderful buffs and magic missiles, and a nice hex)
    on the other side life is more defensive: the choice depends from your combat style.
    shadow is good too, but a bit situational in my opinion
    but consider heavens too: the tipical spell is great against ranged attacks (even if not as much as numer one of light), number one is nice, expecialy with skinks, because you improve the probabilities of poisoned shots, n° 2 is completely useless, n°3 is nice, and great against units with killing blow or poison, n°4 is good because of strenght 6 that means you can use it even against monsters or lone characters, casandora is great against warmachines or to protect a sector of the table where your enemy mustn't go, n°6 is a better n°4

3. Eladimir
    Salamander

Eladimir New Member

I'd base it off your meta,

Death sounds pretty good if your meta is alot of characters or low ld monsers. But the number 6 spell is basically a writeoff. 1/6 chance to lose 450 pts + general + bsb + lvl 4. I don't think so.

If your facing hordes then you need a number 6 spell to deal with that so I'd go life

But considering all things equal I prefer light. The magic missiles are great, pha protection vs gunlines, speed of light destroys everything (would do amazing things for the kroxigors, hitting on 3's is huge for them)

4. forlustria
    Ripperdactil

yeah i think light would be good. would you drop anything to fit in cupped hands or do i just suck it up and not worry about miscasts.

5. Eladimir
    Salamander

Eladimir New Member

Cupped hands is a near must of you do death or light and your in temple guard.
    If you go Life i'd drop it.

6. forlustria
    Ripperdactil

ok that means i need to drop the scroll and something else from the list

7. Ferocious
    Temple Guard

Ferocious New Member

if u plan to put ur slann in ur tg bunker, only two options; life or light; caus u need the 12inch bubble and stuff

if u go any other lore, the tg arent good enough caus ull get plenty miscasts