1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Don't have enough monsters? Or just want to show off your painting skills. Why not try entering the Monster Mash! - Click here for more info.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion who would win in a fight; Gor-Rok the Great White Lizard vs Grimgor Ironhide?

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by GN93, Jul 10, 2018.

1. GN93
    Jungle Swarm

GN93 New Member

i cant imagine Grimgor getting past Gor-Rok's defence. (probably biased opinion though, cuz he is my favourite character)

Crowsfoot likes this.
  2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Well we have done Hero battles me and my son and more often than not Grimgor won.

GN93 likes this.
  3. Killer Angel
    Skink Priest

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

as much as I like Gor-Rok, i tend to give it to Grimgor.
    But the mighty orc would consider Gor-Rok a good fight.

GN93 likes this.
  4. Scalenex
    Skink Priest

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I always thought of Grimgor as the orcish version of a Mary Sue in the minds of GW writers. Grimgor cannot lose.

Didn't he interrupt a fight between Karl Franz and the Everchosen where he knocked the Everchosen unconscious with one headbutt? He also has slaughtered effectively infinite Skaven.

That said, I'm sure Grimgor would consider Gor-Rok a satisfying fight. It might even keep him satisfied for two weeks.

GN93 and Killer Angel like this.
  5. Warden
    Skink Priest

Warden Well-Known Member

+1 to this. Not sure if there is much that could bring him down in the lore.

... though this brings up an interesting question: Who is the best fighter in the warhammer world lore? (hard question to answer, especially when you start considering mounts).

6. Scalenex
    Skink Priest

Warhammer and Age of Sigmar are more about sparring generals than sparring warriors.

I'm kind of sad that A) my Dark Elf friend only made a small army and isn't likely to go epic like I did with model collection and B) he likes Age of Sigmar more than 8th edition BUT I would really like to see a 3000+ point Mazdamundi army against a 3000+ point Malekith army.

It's unlikely to occur fluff wise, but it would be a glorious story to have those two fight.

Hexoatl is relatively close to Naggaroth. I don't see any pre-End Times force threatening Hexoatl short of Malekith being able to topple the City of the Sun. If Dark Elves took out the City of the Sun, all of Lustria would be open to plunder. If you use the old school version of Mazdamundi, he might try to break the military power of Naggaroth and harry the survivors to Ulthuan.

7. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning

I dont know a lot about warhammer lore, but isn't there some Dwarf who fails to die every time he fights, so he constantly wins? I wonder what he could do against those other good fighters. Or is he just lucky and not a good fighter at all?

8. Scalenex
    Skink Priest

Gotrek and Felix are popular Warhammer universe novel characters, but they do not show up in army books, campaign books, or rule books much.

My understanding is the Slayer Gotrek is a very good fighter. His human sidekick Felix was more lucky/unlucky being cursed/blessed with the opportunity/obligation to be Gotrek's chronicler. But if you regularly survive extremely dangerous situations, you are likely to pick up combat skills very fast..

The novels never really appealed to me. I guess subconsciously even int he early oughts I refused to get behind a series based on the premise that the protagonists are not allowed to die!

9. Y'ttar Scaletail
    Kroxigor

Y'ttar Scaletail Well-Known Member

Abhorash for sheer martial prowess, Gilles Le Breton for very unrealistic feats (the bards probably overhyped all his great battles), Nightlord Sneek (if he ever entered the field as he's possibly deadlier than Snikch who is reputedly only one of the Deathmasters), Da Wun Troo Git (if he existed and it wasn't Wurrzag's insanity.)

And well, Grimgor /did/ get killed by Archaon during the End Times, I preferred the Storm of Chaos version where everyone hits Archaon over the head until Grimgor runs in and takes down the battered Everchosen and then walks off yelling that he's Da Best! Despite never defeating Crom the Conquerer...