1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WIP Carnosaur w/Oldblood.

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Iggy Koopa, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Iggy Koopa
    Chameleon Skink

Iggy Koopa New Member

Oldblood model is coming soon... this is just the finished carnosaur. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Iggy Koopa

Attached Files:

2. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

Surprised you didn't do a "Bowser" color scheme...

3. slannfrog
    Cold One

slannfrog Member

I like the paint job on the Carnosaur but the tree/plant looks kinda unrealistic. That is, the trunk cuts off and the big leaves seem to come out of no where. I suggest working on the plant a little more and your model will be spot on.

4. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

I like it! And I don't mind that tree either. There's only so much a guy can do to make something look like it's real, right?

5. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

I'd get rid of the leaves and just make it a stump...

The part I found lacking was the water at the edge of the base, maybe it is just the picture but it looks like there is only two shades in there. I would definitely add a few more layers of highlight there.

Other than that, the actual carnosaur looks great. Very striking and menacing without actually looking loud.

6. snowywlf
    Cold One

snowywlf New Member

Phenomenal job on the Carnosaur! Excellent color use and tone matching. Great great job.

7. Corbechev
    Saurus

Corbechev New Member

yeah the water stands out a lot, but other than that that is beautiful, and 100X better than mine...

8. Elmquasmash
    Razordon

Elmquasmash New Member

Really, this model looks amazing!! Waaay better than any of my bits have EVER looked.. :rage:

Really the only improvements i can see (other than what has been posted) is maybe trying to find a way to cover up the seems that seem (no pun) to show over the arm and at the tail.. But then again, i cant complain when every last spec of paint on my models screams 'PLASTIC'

Really though Igg, amazing job.. And if those lines are part of the model, just goes to show how little i know :jawdrop:

9. BezZeMad
    Cold One

BezZeMad Member

WOW!!!!!

Nice one!!!!

Very nice, not much I can suggest with such a lovely model, only the joins are rather obvious and when you have finished the water you might want to use some water effects or resin (or indeed humble PVA) to make it look that little bit more shiny.

Other than that very nice and I'm looking forward to seeing the oldblood.

Cheers, Bez

P.S. Will it be a normal oldblood or Krog Gar? and if it's a normal oldblood have you done any conversion work or just used the shield?

10. Iggy Koopa
    Chameleon Skink

Iggy Koopa New Member

Hey Bez,

It will be a normal oldblood that i did some slight conversion work on it. I'm outta town right now otherwise I'd already have it done. Should be here early next week. Thanks for the compliments. I am going to redo the the water on the base.

Iggy Koopa