1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Wolf's list [2000pts]

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Wolf, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Wolf
    Kroxigor

Wolf Member

hey
    I'm building a list which is meant to be as competitive as possible. It's meant for a tournament enviroment and seeing as we don't have a comp system in Belgium you can go completely gung ho on it :p. The problem is that you do actually really need a hard list as most of the armies we face here are VC, DoC and DE, all of them pretty hard to play (lets leave winning out of the discussion for now :s).
    Here's what I've come up with:

Slann Mage-Priest 485
    BSB
    War Banner
    Cupped Hands of the Old Ones
    Bane Head
    Focus of Mystery
    The Focused Rumination
    The Becalming Cogitation

Skink Priest 420
    Level 2
    Engine of the Gods
    War Drums of Xahutec

Skink Chief 384
    Light Armour
    Shield
    Ancient Stegadon
    Stegadon War-Spear

10 Skinks 50

10 Skink Skirmishers 70

10 Skink Skirmishers 70

3 Terradon Riders 90

3 Terradon Riders 90

20 Temple Guard 341
    Musician
    Standard Bearer

Total: 2000pts

Owkey, any ideas will be greatly appreciated :D

2. teknistmajjan
    Skink

teknistmajjan New Member

To begin with you say that your tournament envoirment is very competetive, then you will most certain need dispel scrolls.

This type of lists can be very deady but in a tournament against experienced players it should be any problem at all really. You have one big big basket full with eggs that your opponent will either just ignore while scoring other points or he will tie up your stegs while grinding down the temple guards.

You need more troops in my opponion, more then 2 stegadons. I would like to see atleast 2 x 18 saurus warriors prefered with a scar vet in atleast one of them.

3. thesecondman
    Temple Guard

thesecondman New Member

You don't really need dispel scrolls.
    Your army is really good.
    If the tournament that you are going to has no soft-scores, you should be fine. Otherwise your going to get slammed for a cheesy composition. However, if it doesn't, you may not want to go to the tournament because the organisers clearly suck.

However...to make the list even cheesier.

DROP The Becalming Cogitation - Points Waste.
    DROP War Drums of Xahutec - Points Waste.
    DROP 10 Skinks (cohorts) - Points Waste.
    DROP Bane Head - Doesn't work on spells, unless its been specifically FAQ'd.
    DROP 3 Terradon Riders (One unit is enough, in that you only need one unit to march block people, and because terradon riders don't actually do that much damage past march blocking and killing war machines)

ADD - A champion to the Temple Guard. This is really important. If you do not know why, I advise asking a good player.
    ADD - Chameleon skinks (small 60 points unit of 5)
    ADD - 1-2 Razordons Or 1-2 Salamanders depending on what sort of armies you think you will be fighting against. Razordons against lots of -- Small units, fast cavalry, skirmishing units. Salamanders against lots of -- Knights and block units.
    ADD - Lots of Skink Skirmishers

OR--

Go the Block units route with as many units of 18 saurus with spears (ranked 6x3) as possible.

Have fun with your army, good luck on the army comp scores.