1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wow this guy is ridiculous... Sweet CoKnights conversion

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Elmquasmash, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Elmquasmash
    Razordon

Elmquasmash New Member

http://minicreateurs.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?10081.20

I mean seriously, not all men are created equal :jawdrop:

2. rickie_82
    Saurus

rickie_82 New Member

Sad but true ^^

3. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

:jawdrop:

I shall steal his base-idea and fail so horribly no one will EVER recognise it! :D

Cheers!

4. Dumbledore
    Ripperdactil

Dumbledore New Member

Absolutely incredible, really like the snakebite+mithril metal. Let's summon wappelicious to discus this model (and do one of his own for us to drool over). Wapp!.. we need you. But seriously, I'm someone who never cares (at all) about basing (and usually really dislikes overly ornate bases) but just look at the little lizard on the champion's base! The GS is seamless with the original CO's scales etc too...

5. wappellious
    Temple Guard

wappellious New Member

Those really are amazing!

I remember how bummed the lizardman community was to see dark elf cold ones that looked way better than the second version of our own saurus cav. ;)

However, the one time I played as a DE player in a General's Tournament, the DE COK's went stupid on the first turn and died soon after, just like my own saurus cav!

I think one of my first threads on the site here was of my saurus cavalry that got a silver demon in 2007. Those were the old saurus cavalry that came out the '03 or '04.

These minis have so much fantastic conversion, you kinda forget that the painting is wonderful also. The flavor du jour these days is for muted colors, and these are examples of that muted style done so well. It is tricky with the lizardmen, since they tend to scream out for the brighter tones.

My own army is more on the brighter side. I will be posting pictures of my skink/kroxigor units soon, and they are not very muted.

There is a very nice touch on the weapons this person did that I like a lot. It reminds me of a picture of Kroak in the 4th edition lizard book. Some parts of the death mask had a similar decoration. I was thinking of sculpting that image, and seeing these fantastic conversions inspires me that much more!

6. Dumbledore
    Ripperdactil

Dumbledore New Member

Yeah the two weapons you can see there are fantastically styled (I particularly like that the normal saurus on the far left has a weapon that echoes the style of my favourite (spiked ball heaving) kroxigor's weapon, as well as that of the normal scar-vet on CO model and TG weapon).

Any idea what the leaves on the base are? I really like his basing materials (I mean the stuff on the floor below the rock: the gravel, grass, moss, occasional fern etc)

Lastly I'm going to reiterate: his metals are fantastic, halfway between using metallic paint and NMM and getting the best of both worlds as a result, along with a real sense of texture.

ps wapp I always read your name wrong: wappelicious haha, a ghetto-ised version of your name

7. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

I love well-done bases, and these are INSANE!!!!!

@Dumbledore: Until you posted above, I thought his name was Wappellonious :oops: . Hmmm too many syllables...

8. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

J'aime beaucoup!

9. wappellious
    Temple Guard

wappellious New Member

Hehe... :pompus:

The Wappellious name was entirely by accident. I would use that moniker during games of Circus Maximus for my driver, or to name my civilization for Civ (Emperor Wappellious of the Wappellians, of course!). My wife referred to them as Wappeloids, though :jawdrop:

Anyway, I first used that as my name for ebay and Coolminiornot years ago, and it kinda stuck.

10. Barotok
    Terradon

Barotok New Member

Sooo much greenstuff.......

Knowing I spent so much time sculpting those guys, I know that I could never play games with them. Can you imagine your opponent's stray die knocking one of their heads off? "Dude, you just broke a model that took me more time than your entire army to paint!"

Beautifull show models, I couldn't imagine playing a game with them.

11. wappellious
    Temple Guard

wappellious New Member

My wife and I play games with our stuff every week. Usually we are playing games against people we know who also spend a fair amount of time painting thier own armies, so everyone is being pretty careful.

Stuff does happen, though, and things get dinged up in the transport of figs, packing and repacking, etc.

I have had to fix and touch up a lot of figures, but it is well worth it to have the painted stuff out there!

The worst incident I had was in that tournament in May, where my opponent knocked the 4 x 8 foot board off its supports, and the whole thing started crashing down on turn 2! He is still alive today because it landed on him half way down, preventing complete destruction. There would not have been enough green stuff in all the world to put him back together. :pigeon:

12. Dumbledore
    Ripperdactil

Dumbledore New Member

Maybe it was just Mazdamundi getting a really good casting roll on Ruination of Cities?

13. Barotok
    Terradon

Barotok New Member

He developed a new spell called, Ruination of the Enemy's Coordination.

5+ Cast, Auto IF, Cannot be Dispelled, Remains in Play

Causes the target to explode causing widespread destruction of the local area in such a catastrophic way that the terrain is permanently altered in a cataclsymic way.

14. wappellious
    Temple Guard

wappellious New Member

This guy would not have enjoyed the same mummification process that Kroak had. I would simply have put the remaining tiny chunks of his flesh in my handy dissolving vat ;)

Since he pushed the board off the suppourts on his side, his figures were the ones falling to the floor for the most part. Mine slid across the table and stopped in the middle (that would include the two newly scratch sculpted stegadons and the entire unit of converted temple guard!)

It was a real pain to figure out where everything was and continue the game. He was also the same idiot that marked me way down for comp without looking at what was really in my army.

15. Dumbledore
    Ripperdactil

Dumbledore New Member

Make a thread with your TG in it!

16. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Please do!

17. wappellious
    Temple Guard

wappellious New Member

OK... I will take some WIP images of those. ;)

That means I will also have to post some WIP images of a Chakax I made using a regular plastic saurus as a base... then lots of green stuff and other parts! :p

18. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

I can't wait!

I only have 1 one of my saurus painted... no painting during the school year... :shamefullyembarrased: