1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Xochitl vs. Aloir Magecutter (warbands vs. dark elves)

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by conwar, Nov 3, 2009.

1. conwar
    Skink

conwar New Member

Me and my two brothers are doing a 250 point warbands campaign using the 7th edition rules. Our first battle was between my lizardmen and my brother’s dark elves. I wrote this after the fact so it may not be exactly how it happened. Here are the army lists, EXP is experience, which is useful after the battle, and WBR is warband rating, which tells how strong each warband is.

Xochitl’s Warband

Xochitl
    Scar Veteran
    Type: Veteran
    Skills: Iron Nerves
    Shield
    Light Armor
    Hand Weapon

Saurus #3

Saurus #3

Salamander #1

EXP: 2
    WBR: 248

Aloir’s Warband

Aloir Magecutter
    Master
    Type: Trickster
    Skills: Withdraw
    Cold One
    Halberd
    Light Armor
    Heart-Stone of Darkness

Dark Elf Warriors #3
    Shields

Black Ark Corsairs #3
    Extra Hand Weapon

Executioners #4

EXP: 0
    WBR: 250

First thing, the report is written from my point of view, the West side of the board. Here is the set-up of the battlefield, which was made to look like a ruined town. In the North there was a small lake, with a dock and a boat. Near each corner, there was a ruin (difficult terrain) and in the center a tower (impassable terrain.) There was also a statue between the center and the South-East. When rolling for deployment we got opposite corners. I had the North-West, and he had the South-East. My hidden objective was “invade.” I didn’t know it but this was his too. I set up my units in a line from left to right as follows; salamander, saurus with Scar-Veteran, saurus. He set his up left to right; executioners, master, warriors, corsairs. We rolled to see who went first and he won.

Turn 1
    Dark Elves:
    His whole army moved toward mine, mostly marching. His executioners move more of to my left, away from the main army.

Lizardmen:
    I also moved forward with my main body, except my salamander, which moved to intercept the executioners. The salamander fired, hitting three of the executioners right in the face! But, du to bad rolls on my part, not one was harmed.

Turn 2
    Dark Elves:
    His army moves forward again, a bit slower this time. His warriors attempted to charge my saurus, (without the scar-veteran) but failed. The executioners ignored the salamander, and continued toward my deployment zone (I started to guess his objective then.)

Lizardmen:
    My scar-veteran and his unit charged the master, and the other saurus charged the warriors. The Salamander fires at the executioners but the flames arch overhead. The combat saw a warrior fall, but no losses for the saurus. The warriors lost, but held their ground. The scar-veteran and his unit took a wound off the master, but he took one off the scar veteran.

Turn 3
    Dark Elves:
    The Corsairs flank charge the saurus to help the warriors. The Executioners marched on, oblivious to the battle around them. Combat was slow in the Saurus/Warrior, Corsair battle. The Saurus killed a Corsair, but nothing else happened to speak of. But, the fight against Aloir was not going so well. The brave Xochitl was stuck down by the dark elf master before he could even attack! His faithful Saurus attacked for revenge, but their attacks deflected by dark magic protecting the foul elf. Still, the unit held despite their leader’s fall.

Lizardmen:
    The Salamander advanced slowly towards the Executioners. It let out another burst of flame… which flew overhead. In the combat against the warriors and corsairs, another corsair and warrior were slain. In return the enemy killed a Saurus. Both of the enemy units (reduced to one elf) fled, and the Saurus chose to chase neither. Aloir attacked the Saurus wildly, killing two. The last could do nothing, but held his ground in hopes the other unit could help.

Turn 4
    Dark Elves:
    The Executioners finally reached their destination, my deployment zone. The dark elf warrior and corsair both rallied, and charged the Saurus again. In combat the Saurus finished off the annoying warrior and corsair. But, the dark elf master killed his last enemy and overran toward the Executioners.

Lizardmen:
    All the Lizardmen headed for the dark master. None of them were able to reach him however.

This all I can remember. I was able to fit in everything that happened, but I am pretty sure the battle lasted for six turns. The battle was a drawl, in the Dark Elves favor.

Unit Ratings (1-5)
    Scar-Veteran and Saurus: 3 (massacred by Dark Elf Master)
    Saurus: 5 (killed two units on their own)
    Salamander: 2 (did nothing at all)

Notes: Heart-Stone of Darkness is a awesome magic item! With his 4+ ward save, the master survived all but one attack thrown at him! Blasted Heart-Stone...