1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. skink 2500 point list

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by camo-skink, Aug 16, 2009.

1. camo-skink
    Chameleon Skink

camo-skink New Member

heros:
    skink chief, general
    - terradon mount
    - piranha blade, enchanted shied
    - 124 points

skink priest, level 2 wizard
    - engine of the gods mount
    - plaque of tepok
    - 405 points

- cloak of feathers
    - 125 points

- 2 dispel scrolls
    - 150 points

core:
    3 skink cohorts (16 skinks, 2 kroxiogr in a unit)
    - battle standard, musician
    - 2 kroxigor
    - 209 points per unit

skink cohorts (10 in a unit)
    - 50 points

5 skink skirmisher regiments (11 in a unit)
    - blowpipes
    - 77 points per unit

special:
    2 chameleon skinks (7 in a unit)
    - 84 points per unit

2 terradon rider regiments (4 in a unit)
    - 120 points per unit

rare:
    razordon hunting pack ( 2 razordons, 6 handlers)
    - 150 points

salamander hunting pack (1 salamander, 4 handlers)
    - extra handler
    - 80 points

that puts me at exactly 2500 points. please tell me what you think! thanks! :D

camo-skink

2. Barotok
    Terradon

Barotok New Member

Re: followers of sotek 2500 point list

Pretty sure you can't do this. Only 1 Cloak of Feathers is available as the same with the Plauge of Tepok. Your skink priests will have to be armed differently. Also your Battle Standard needs to be carried by a character.

Here's a couple of comments that you're probably already aware of:
    1) Your list will struggle against magic heavy armies.
    2) Your list will struggle against hard heavy infantry/elite armies (Think WoC) because you have nothng that can fight at remotely the same level in close combat (don't count on yoru Skink/Krox units to win combats vs. heavy infantry).
    3) Your army has a lot of avoidance with relatively little defense against magic so if you're facing a few skilled spell casters expect things to get blown up by magic. Your avoidance will only last you a few turns (at best) until something gets charged. At that point, wave goodbye to the units that got charged (unless they've been charged by goblins or mauraders or perhaps skeletons).

Should be an interesting list. I'd like to see how the 16 total terradon units do (that's a lot of rocks!). Good luck.

3. camo-skink
    Chameleon Skink

camo-skink New Member

Re: followers of sotek 2500 point list

about the priests i had copied it from an older on of my lists. one of them has charm of the jaguar warrior and itxi grubs. as for poor close combat, it's at least a step up from no rank and file units at all, and no kroxigor. although, if i did want to boost my magic power i could put another level 2 priest in an engine of the gods, and make him my general.

4. Kyrogar
    Skink

Kyrogar New Member

How does this list usually fair against VC and Deamons?

5. camo-skink
    Chameleon Skink

camo-skink New Member

never played either, but judging by the way i fair against tomb kings (i normally loose), i don't think i would do too well.

6. slannfrog
    Cold One

slannfrog Member

Believe it or not, your army won't do to bad against Demons. You're faster then them and you can shoot, drop rocks, and EOTG blast them before they get into combat with your 3 cohort units. Yeah, your cohorts still might not survive but by then you can keep your skinks and other fast shooty unit behind their ranks to shoot them some more. Watch out for their nurglings, 360 LOS, they will make pork liver out of most units you have.

I like your list and I hope it all the best.
    It is much like my goblin army, I mean why take orcs (saurus) if you don't have to...

7. camo-skink
    Chameleon Skink

camo-skink New Member

thank for the support slannfrog, i'll be sure to tell you if i ever beat a deamon army. :smug:

camo-skink

8. camo-skink
    Chameleon Skink

camo-skink New Member

just made some more changes, please post comments

camo-skink

9. Bibamus
    Bastiladon

Bibamus New Member

you have 24 [models] in the skrox units. 1 more skink/unit and you can rank up 5x5, unless you plan to go 6x4 but that only means more skinks in base to base so its not very good

10. camo-skink
    Chameleon Skink

camo-skink New Member

i like to us 6x4 since it gives the kroxigor kind of a meat shield on all sides

11. erians
    Razordon

erians Active Member

Why would you want a meat shield on each side? The enemy can always strike at your kroxigor anyway so they are never protected in any way. 6 wide doesnt really matter when it comes to enemys basing up tho. The widest units I ever encounter is 7 wide 20mm, 6 wide 20mm, 6 wide 25 mm and 6 wide 25mm cav bases, and all gets to strike at both a 5 wide and a 6 wide frontage. Only really matters against fighty skirmishers like Wardancers and......eh well yeah war dancers. having a 4 wide flank however will deny 6 wide flanking cav from striking.

12. camo-skink
    Chameleon Skink

camo-skink New Member

i guess i could use the extra combat res, but i need to take off 15 points. besides that do think there can be any other eareas of improvment?

13. camo-skink
    Chameleon Skink

camo-skink New Member

just made some modifacation to my list, so tell me what you think. thanks

14. camo-skink
    Chameleon Skink

camo-skink New Member

i decided to get rid of one of the units of ten skink cohorts, which originally were to be used as redirectors, but i will most likely only need one since my army is fairly maneuverable to start with. i used the points to add an enchanted shield to my skink chief general, and war drums of xahutect to my skink priest on engine of the gods, since it is often by my main troops. i had seven points left though, so i just through on another skink skirmisher.

tell me what you think.
    camo-skink

15. JohnMavrick
    Troglodon

JohnMavrick New Member

I think it's a pretty good list too for skinks. If your only looking at playing friendly games I think the skink army would be a lot of fun! I've thought about doing one myself and I hope you have all the best of luck and that the dice gods shine perpetually down upon your army!

That being said, I think the only thing you could change about your army to make it a touch more competative would be to try and get more DD in your list. Perhaps another EotG but that'll cost you in your list. Right now you have strength in numbers. Perhaps switching out a magic item for Diadem?

Good luck!

16. camo-skink
    Chameleon Skink

camo-skink New Member

if i wanted to add an engine, i could get rid of a unit of skinks and kroxigor, and my unit of thirteen skinks, then switching out the cloak of feathers for diadem of power leaving 5 points, which i could use to make a 5x5 unit of skinks and kroxigor. though i am worried that one of my key advantages of swarming would be taken away, and i would only get two dispel dice.

what i think might be better is if i get rid of five skink skirmishers, allowing me to add diadem of power to my skink priest with cloak, and add a skink to two of my skink kroxigor units to make them 5x5. also, erians, i could use the 25 points on the skink priest to get the rod of the storm.

camo-skink

17. JohnMavrick
    Troglodon

JohnMavrick New Member

I think giving your priest w/ cloak a diadem or the Staff would be great. Personally if you think you can assasinate his magic then you shouldn't have to worry about anti magic as much but to go on the safe side perhaps a diadem would be good. It's personal preference if you wanna be more magic or anti magic.

Of course if you give your Priest w/ cloak a diadem it sort of negates the use of giving him the ability to fly around to your apponent's flank and cast magic.

18. camo-skink
    Chameleon Skink

camo-skink New Member

well then i could give the skink priest on foot with the two dispel scrolls the diadem of power, and the priest with cloak one of the dispel scrolls.