1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1000 and 600 pt Path to Glory forces

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Doc_Octorok, Sep 6, 2021.

1. Doc_Octorok
    Jungle Swarm

Doc_Octorok New Member

Hey folks,

I am preparing to play my first AoS (3.0) match(es) at the end of this month, at which time I'll be going up against my brother and college friend, who field Lumineth and Idoneth forces.

I was told to build both 1000 and 600 pt forces to test out the new Path to Glory rules. My ideas for each are posted here, and I'd appreciate any feedback. The list of all models that I have to choose from are at the bottom of this post.
    I also have not yet chosen any command traits or core enhancements, so suggestions in that department are also welcome!

• Saurus Warriors (10)
    • Skinks (20)
    • Saurus Knights (5)
    • Skink Starpriest
    • Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur
    • Terradon Riders (3)
    • Ripperdactyl Riders (3)
    • Burning Head (Endless Spell)
    -----995 pts

• Saurus Warriors (10)
    • Skinks (20)
    • Skink Starpriest
    • Saurus Oldblood
    -----600 pts

----------------
    The full list of models I have at my disposal:
    • Saurus Warriors (12)
    • Skinks (24)
    • Saurus Knights (5)
    • Terradon Riders (3)
    • Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur
    • Saurus Oldblood (on foot)
    • Skink Starpriest
    • Skink Oracle on Troglodon
    • Bastiladon (solar engine)
    Cheers,

2. Stoneaxe
    Jungle Swarm

Stoneaxe New Member

Hey Doc,

I like your 1000 pt list. Definitely a fun mix of models. Looks like this would be good to run in Thunder Lizard so you can reduce incoming damage from all attacks by 1 and get +2 wounds on your monsters. I would make the Carnosaur as your general.

Personally, I would suggest dropping the Rippers, Terradons and Burning Head for your Bastiladon*. He can sit on a home objective counting as 5 models while shooting across the board, he's tough to kill and your Skink Starpriest probably wants to be casting either Hand Of Glory** or Mystic Shield instead of Burning Head most turns anyway.

However, if your brother and friend are cool with it, I would run your Carnosaur rider as a Scar-Vet + Warspear rather than an Oldblood. He's cheaper and probably better. Saving that 55 pts is great because you can keep Burning Head, upgrade the Saurus Warriors to Terradons if you prefer and have good chance of getting a triumph for having less points in your list than your opponent. I like Indomitable to stop Skinks fleeing from battleshock in Thunder Lizard.

If you take Thunder Lizard you need to give your general the command trait Prime Warbeast. You also need to give Fusil of Conflagration as your first artefact. In terms of core battalions, you could either take Battle Regiment so you can one-drop your army and potentially make your opponent go first (or take first turn if you prefer) or take Warlord so you can take Amulet of Destiny on your Carnosaur and get +1 command point once per battle.

* You may need to take "Wild Lands" for your starting territory but this makes sense in Thunder Lizard

** Hand of Glory so you can re-roll 1s to hit is great as your spell pick for the Star Priest.

mjv likes this.