1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. 1000 point

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Jvmock, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Jvmock
    Skink

Jvmock New Member

Well this is my first army list so here it goes

Heros
    Saurus Scar-Vet
    Light Armor + Shield
    Sword of Battle
    Venom of Firefly frog
    Blessed Spawning of Topek
    Total 149
    Skink Priest
    Extra lvl
    Dispell Scroll
    Total 125

Core
    15 Saurus Warriors(hand wep + shield) This unit will also contain my Scar Vet
    Musician + Battle Standard
    Total 198
    16 Saurus Warriors(Hand Wep + Shield) xxx points
    Musician + Battle Standard
    Total 210
    11 Skinks(Jav + shield)
    11 Skinks(Blowpipe)
    Scout Ability

Special
    3 Kroxigors(Great Wep)

Total Points for army is 999

I was thinking about makign the block of 15 a bit bigger and dropping the block of 16 for some more krixigors or salamanders.

Any Ideas?

2. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

3 Kroxigot is enough for a 1000 pt army imo, also lose the venom of the tree frog as your magic weapon gets rid of its ability. Venom of the tree frog only makes mundane weapons poison, not magical. If you need more points to make something work you can always lose the extra skinks on the units. Other than that I think that list should do pretty well.

What are you up against?

3. Jvmock
    Skink

Jvmock New Member

So do you think instead of the Sword of Battle i should use the Venom or keep the sword? Ill probably just add a few skinks tho with extra points.

Well right now im just workin on making my army. I think my first fight will be against Dark elves.

4. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

That choice is really up to you however, imo vs elves S5 should cut them down pretty easy, also if you take the points from the magic sword and give him spawning of Quetzl, and just keep him with the sword shield combo. He will have a 1+ armor save in close combat, 2+ at long range which is pretty sweet. You can also give him a greatweapon, so you can chose between the two in close combat, for things with higher toughness or armor saves.

5. SohCahToa
    Kroxigor

SohCahToa New Member

I like the list, just a couple suggestions.

I would definitely suggest dropping one of the Saurus regiments for salamanders and/or terries if you have them. You dont really have anything that can deal with units of dark riders, which can be nasty, especially if they wrap around you. Salamanders are best for this role, and their shooting attack also does wonders against the T3 light armored regiments of dark elves. I suggested terries because they will be able to deal with dark riders and other fast threats, and can also go after the RBT that will doubtlessly be somewhere along his battle line.

As far as how your Scar Vet is armed, I might suggest simply a great weapon, or keep the sword of might if you want the extra armor. The reason is that in all likelihood your opponent will try to combo charge your Saurus regiment with a large static CR unit, and then a chariot or a unit of Cold One Knights. Normally Saurus struggle against well armored opponents, and a great weapon is a bargain at the price (ull be striking last against DE anyhow).

6. Jvmock
    Skink

Jvmock New Member

yeah i dropped the sword and the venom gave him a great wep and a scaly skin spawning.

I was thinking about that tho cause i can drop that block of saurus for 3 salamanders and probably increase the other block to 20. Only thing is i only have 1 salamander grp at the moment i have a list of stuff i still wanna get to make a 2000 point army so ill be getting more soon.