1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1000 TL

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Jargowy, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Jargowy
    Jungle Swarm

Jargowy New Member

Local escalation league is moving to 1000 points and I've made that list, im fairly new to seraphon and I've only played them 4 times at 750/1000 points. What do you think of this list how would you change it? Im not sure about slann, he will be nice magic support but maybe there is something better I can take instead of him, what do you think?
    Allegiance: Seraphon
    - Constellation: Thunder Lizard
    - Grand Strategy:
    - Triumphs:

Leaders
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (215) in Warlord
    - General
    - War Spear
    - Command Trait: Prime Warbeast
    - Artefact: Fusil of Conflaguration
    Skink Priest (80) in Warlord
    - Universal Prayer Scripture: Heal
    Slann Starmaster (265) in Warlord
    - Artefact: Itxi Grubs
    - Spell: Stellar Tempest

Battleline
    5 x Saurus Guard (115) in Warlord
    10 x Skinks (75) in Warlord
    - Boltspitters Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers

Behemoths
    Bastiladon with Solar Engine (235)

Total: 985 / 1000
    Reinforced Units: 0 / 2
    Allies: 0 / 200
    Wounds: 53

Margawt likes this.
  2. VikingRage
    Razordon

VikingRage Well-Known Member

Part of the question, is what models do you have available? (or are you rocking this on TTS?), and are you playing any particular scenario?

I like the slann because they dump out command points like crazy and are some of the best spell denial in the game. I honestly think that your list does most things very well. I looks fairly "killy" and you will be able to play to a lot of the battle tactics with that alone. It is just maybe a little bit lacking in the objective running game. Dropping the slann (and the guard along with it) could allow you room for 3 units of knights, which screen, punch and run around fairly well for their points in coalesced. Or even just put in 2 5-man squads along with a skink starpriest if you need another spellcaster on the board for spell denial, and be able to run Chronomatic cogs as well to top off your 1000pt cap.

But like I said, it has a lot to do with what you have available to you/your budget for new models, and your mission if you have one.

3. BreakingTad
    Skink

BreakingTad New Member

I am also in an escalation league! Considering running something along these lines. But the Slann is always tempting.

- Mortal Realm: Ghur
    - Grand Strategy: Beast Master
    - Triumphs:
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (215)*
    - General
    - War Spear
    - Command Trait: Prime Warbeast
    Skink Starpriest (130)*
    - Artefact: Cloak of Feathers
    - Spell: Hand of Glory
    Skink Priest (80)*
    20 x Saurus Warriors (210)*
    - Clubs
    - Reinforced x 1
    5 x Saurus Knights (110)*
    - Lances
    Bastiladon with Solar Engine (235)
    The Burning Head (20)
    *Warlord
    Artefact

Total: 1000 / 1000
    Reinforced Units: 1 / 2
    Allies: 0 / 200
    Wounds: 60
    Drops: 6

my idea is obviously double shot the basti. Keeping skink in the area (probably realmshaper) to dish out double shot and bonus hit. The SP running with the block of warriors and the knights and carno running to objectives and pressuring.

hopefully practice with it in a week or so to see how it goes.

4. VikingRage
    Razordon

VikingRage Well-Known Member

Looks like a fun list that will do what you want it to.

If you have 5 extra knights and a Stega-Chief, you could drop the scar-vet carno and that 20 block of warriors and run the same concept, just slightly more efficiently (prime warbeast on a stega just maths out better, and it is a scary ranged threat). You would also be sitting at 1990 so you would have a very slight chance for a triumph. All that said, I don't run stegadons because I don't own any (got to wait a bit before I have hobby spending money again...)

5. Margawt
    Skink

Margawt New Member

Great thread here for Escalation league play. I'm currently in one as well and were going to up to 1k points for this month. We're waiting for our matchups and Battle plan to be posted. In the mean time I'm working on some 1k lists myself. So, basically I was thinking of running something like the following but I'm not sure if I want to do Koatl's Claw or Thunder lizard for this list because it seems to have the pieces to go either way. I'm leaning towards Koatl's Claw because of the ability to get +1 to hit with Saurus when charging. Any thoughts or suggestions are most welcome.

Saurus Scar-vet on Carnosaur (General)
    Skink Starpriest (hand of glory)
    Skink Priest (Heal prayer) (He will follow the Bastiladon to heal it and buff it)
    2 units of 5 Saurus Knights with War spears
    1 Bastiladon with Solar Engine
    1 Salamander Hunting pack

1000 points even. For 1k, this list looks like it will punch a lot of other 1k lists down, especially with two monsters and something to do in each phase as well.

BreakingTad likes this.
  6. BreakingTad
    Skink

BreakingTad New Member

I like it. Do you think you have enough for objectives ? My only concern would be maybe swapping salamanders for more battleline (warriors/knights). You have a lot of wound output though and sometimes that will carry you through regardless.

I just finished my 750 escalation with FoS
    Scarno
    Slann
    20 skinks
    5 knights. Worked really well dishing mortals around . Super fun teleporting around and summoning

If you play with it let us know how it goes !

Margawt likes this.
  7. BreakingTad
    Skink

BreakingTad New Member

I do have that ! Thanks for the idea

I’m going to run it in practice this next couple weeks. Can’t wait

VikingRage likes this.
  8. Margawt
    Skink

Margawt New Member

Depends on how many objectives there are in the battle plan that's chosen, what's nice in 3.0 is you don't need to stay within 6" of the objective to hold it, once you gain control of it you own it until your opponent takes control of it. If you leave it unguarded, well that's on you but it's still yours until he takes it away. So, with that being said I was thinking of using one unit of Knights, supported by the salamander hunting pack will take remote Objectives and the General on Carnosaur with the other unit of 5 knights and the starpriest go hunt enemy units and closer objectives. All the while the skink priest and Bastiladon are moving to support fire for either flank.

9. BreakingTad
    Skink

BreakingTad New Member

I like it, definitely makes sense. It’s crazy we had 3 Seraphon out of the 14 players in our league. The lizards are showing up lol.

Margawt likes this.
  10. Margawt
    Skink

Margawt New Member

We have 12 players in our Escalation league. I'm the only Seraphon player, We have a good mix and no one has the same army as another player. We have:
    Ogor Mawtribes
    OBR
    Soulblight Gravelords
    Maggotkin of Nurgle
    NightHaunt
    Slaves to Darkness
    Disciples of Tzeentch
    Stormcast Eternals
    Orruk Warclans
    Daughters of Kaine
    Hedonites of Slaanesh
    And Me, The Seraphon

A pretty good mix there so I'm glad I can try my Seraphon out on different armies.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
    Christopher likes this.
  11. Margawt
    Skink

Margawt New Member

Just me personally, I would not take a Slann in a 1k list. There isn't going to be a whole lot of magic going off before the enemy closes in on him with the point total being so low. Add a Skink Starpriest and some Saurus Knights to replace him with. I would use a Slann in a 1500 point and Lord Kroak in a 2k list.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
  12. BreakingTad
    Skink

BreakingTad New Member

W
    well the thing I noticed was that you can make the enemy choose. Do they want to divert a portion of their army/hero and handle a slann in the realm shaper. Or do they focus more on the objective and chasing a block of teleporting skinks around. It put some players in a real hard spot and I was able to dish out quite a few mortals when you consider spells and the faction terrain. The slann never died and only got engaged 1/4 games I played.

I’ll update how 1k goes. But I’m a fan of being able to either spell control every match or contest with the amazing dispel while dishing out mortals

Margawt likes this.
  13. Margawt
    Skink

Margawt New Member

I'm glad it's working out well for you, Whatever works, go with it. I'll be playing against Gravelord's tomorrow evening with my 1k list from above. It worked well against the Orruk's, but I've never played against Gravelord's so I'm not sure how it will do. Next month is up to 1.5k lists for my league.

14. EricM
    Jungle Swarm

EricM New Member

I’m curious to know what kind of output you got with the 20 skinks without priest/star priest support?

15. BreakingTad
    Skink

BreakingTad New Member

In reality for that list the skinks mainly were obj grabbers /screen with teleporting and parting shot. They would deal about 5-7 wounds average with the boltspitters against 4+ save stuff and then depending on situation charge in. The real damage in the list came from the carno and slann which worked well. The list for the league is now up to 1500 points so it looks quite different, which I am playing this next weekend

16. Dreamkeeper
    Temple Guard

Dreamkeeper Well-Known Member

This list won me 1k tournament in our local club (20 players).
    Pretty much straight forward list - take the center, smash everyone with EotG (double shoot it).
    Skink Priest in Realmshaper Engine, shooting MW and buffing EotG (but only in the first round, as he was nearby then).
    Starpriest with Kroxigors (remember, they have 2" on maces - so fighting in 2 rows) - give them hand of glory (magic, reroll 1s), +1 hit from SKINK nearby and venom (to wounds 6s - 1mw in addition).
    Saurus Knights our best battleline option atm. Fast, hard hitting on charge, many attacks. All-out-attack them - it will be worth it

- Grand Strategy: Pillars of Belief
    - Triumphs:
    Leaders
    Engine of the Gods (265)*
    - General
    - Artefact: Cloak of Feathers
    Skink Starpriest (130)*
    - Spell: Hand of Glory
    Skink Priest (80)*