TOW 1500 first games

Discussion in 'Lizardmen Army Lists' started by Donderwofl, Jul 1, 2024 at 10:40 AM.

1. Donderwofl
    Jungle Swarm

Donderwofl New Member

Hey, last weekend, I played two games with 1500 points. Below is my list. What do you think, and what would you change, or what do you see as a good option?

Lizardmen - 1500 - [1498pts]

# Main Force [1498pts]

## Characters [692pts]
    Saurus Oldblood [397pts]: Hand Weapon, Heavy Armour, Shield, General, Carnosaur (Heavy Armour, Slashing talons), Armour of Destiny, Biting Blade
    Skink Chief [295pts]: Hand Weapon, Light Armour, Charmed Shield, Ruby Ring of Ruin
    • 1x Stegadon [215pts]: 5x Skink Crew (Hand Weapon, Javelin), Great horns, Giant Bow

## Core [376pts]
    Saurus Warriors [216pts]: Shieldwall
    • 13x Saurus Warrior [14pts]: Hand Weapon, Heavy Armour, Shield
    • 1x Spawn Leader [7pts]
    • 1x Standard Bearer [7pts]
    • 1x Musician [7pts]
    2x Skink Skirmishers [50pts]:
    • 10x Skink [5pts]: Hand Weapon, Light Armour, Javelins and Shields
    Skink Skirmishers [60pts]: Scouts
    • 10x Skink [5pts]: Hand Weapon, Light Armour, Javelins and Shields

## Special [175pts]
    Bastiladon [175pts]: Thunderous bludgeon, Solar Engine, 3x Skink Crew (Hand Weapon, Javelin)

## Rare [255pts]
    Ancient Stegadon [255pts]: 5x Skink Crew (Hand Weapon, Javelin), Great horns, Engine of the Gods

1st one was vs Bret with HKB - it ended badly, I almost lost everything while I killed BSB on Pegasus.
    2nd vs WOCH - big win for me, wiped whole table beside Wizard on dragon

BeardedLizard likes this.
  2. BeardedLizard
    Saurus

BeardedLizard Member

I think the list looks quite solid already. Loads of big monsters and core is skink heavy. I'll make some suggestions for tweaks anyhow.

I would go with different magic items and depending on what models are available to you, more skinks instead of Saurus.

Oldblood on Carno - I believe the best build is Ogre blade + Talisman of protection, it's the most dangerous build vs dragons. Your current build is not at all bad though, it's more survivable and at 1500 pts you're not likely to face many dragons. Blade of Revered Tzunki + Talizman of protection is another build worth trying.

Skink Chief - Here's the dilemma with Ruby RIng, it's an awesome magic item but I feel like Stegadon Chief is not the correct home for it. I'd much rather use him to smash the enemy to bits than use him as a mobile firing platform. So maybe go BSB instead?

One potential bigger change you could do is drop the Oldblood and use your character slots for:
    Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur /w Great Weapon, Talisman of Protection, Armor of Meteoric Iron
    Skink Chief on Terradon /w Ruby Ring
    Skink Chief BSB on Stegadon

3. discomute
    Troglodon

discomute Well-Known Member

I agree broadly with this but I disagree with less Saurus and more skinks. 13 Saurus is nothing. I'd bump it up. Understand if you want to remove 3 and the command and just concede your paying the army list tax but I'd add 5 and make it a decent unit.

If you have tooled dragons in your meta then yes ogre blade it up. Otherwise just meteoric iron, talisman of protection and double handed weapon. Save points.

BeardedLizard likes this.