1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. 1500 vs Beastmen

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Craken, May 10, 2008.

1. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Hey there guys and gals, I'm planning a list for next weeks battle. It will be 1500 pts vs Beastmen, playing the Battle of the Burned Banner Scenario. My opponent usually uses heavy swarm tactics with 2 chariots, a unit or 2 of minotaurs (I think they have Korne Marks), a unit of Beast men marked with Korne, and 2 units of beast heard. Though he could bring in a Shaggoth.

The only thing on this list that cannot change is my General do to the campaign we are playing he is fluff.

Here is my proposed list:

HEROES

Tekumseh ( General )
    Spear
    Light Armor
    Bane Head
    Maiming Shield
    Itzl, Sotek
    Cold One
    184 PTS

Scar Vet
    gw
    shield
    Light Armor
    Jaguar Charm
    Glyph Necklace
    Sotek
    Quetzl
    183 PTS

Scar Vet
    BSB
    Light armor
    Sotek, Itzl
    Cold One
    Scimitar of the Sun
    210 PTS

CORE

11 skink Scouts with Brave
    82 PTS

10 Skink Scouts with Brave
    75 PTS

SPECIAL

10 Saurus Cavalry
    with CMD
    with Haunchi's Totem
    440 PTS

4 Terradon's with Brave

3 Kroxigors

TOTAL 1498

The thought behins this is that the skiks are too annoy the crap out of him and out manuver him, while the rest are to beat him down. The JSoD is to hunt the chariots and mages if he fields any.

Let me know what you all think.

Thanks

2. Origin
    Skink

Origin New Member

I my few battles against Beastmen i have found that poison and fear/terror are my greatest assests. You have a good number of fear causers which is good, too few skinks though. Here is what i would pair up up against his unit choices.

Minotaurs - Skinks: fire flee and let the poison do it is work, ideally two units of ten per minotaur unit. I would consider dropping the terradons for the extra units.

Chariots - JSoD: no brainer

Beast Herds - Fear/Terror, when playing beasts i will always keep a Stegadon behind my lines as a mobile reserve, a nice 12" bubble of terror deters more than a few beasts herd from arriving behind your lines. But since there is no steg, keep one of your Cold One mounted scar-vets there for the same role, fear works almost as well.

The main Block - considering that he only fields one ranked unit and you have skinks it is safe to assume that by turn 3/4 he should have vulnerable flanks(assuming that he guards the blocks flanks with the minotaurs). Bring in the CoR, game over. I would consider splitting the CoR into two, greater flexabilty. How much is static combat res worth to CoR?

All things considered i like the list, just more skinks i think. Oh and drop the braves!

Cheers

Origin

3. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input. I actually don't have enough models for a new unit of skinks do you think it would be better to drop the terradons and put a block of saurus warriors? Maybe with the BSB carrying the banner of prophacy?

4. Origin
    Skink

Origin New Member

That's an interesting concept, but it would take more than the cost of the terradons to field a decent unit of Saurus. The totem of prophecy is a little pricey for 1500.

At the moment that unit of CoR is hard as nails, but it soaks almost 50% (including characters) of your over all army cost!

To field the Saurus you would need to drop at least half the CoR. This is not a bad thing, at the moment you are paying something close to 200 points to gain +2CR from a rank and (possibly) outnumber. I say do it.

A nice block of 20 with the BSB, with the banner of Huanchi. Maybe give the BSB spawning of the old ones for that re-roll. I assume you have played your opponent before and even if you haven't most people who play against lizards assume that your CoR carry Hunachi. Nothing like Saurus charging 14".

Roll the CoR back to 6 with your general and a warbanner, will hit just as hard.

Why no priest??

5. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Ya that's a pretty interesting Idea never really thought much about giving saurus warriors Haunchi.
    No skink just because I have to take that general, and I wanted the JSoD, and I just find 1 priest doesn't really get too much cast, IMO.

6. Origin
    Skink

Origin New Member

All or nothing, far enough...

Be interested to here how you go.

Good luck.

Origin