1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1k FoS Skinks vs Gloomspite Gitz list

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Stugmeister, May 28, 2021.

1. Stugmeister
    Skink

Stugmeister New Member

Hey guys,

I'm going to be playing my first game of Aos in a couple of weeks time against my best bud's Gitz. I know he'll be bringing along a solid block of grots, plus squigs and a gargant.

Here's the list I've put together. Not sure of the battleplan yet, most likely we'll keep things simple.

Allegiance: Seraphon
    - Constellation: Fangs of Sotek

LEADERS
    Skink Starpriest (120)
    - General

UNITS
    30 x Skinks (180)
    - Boltspitters Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers

30 x Skinks (180)
    - Boltspitters Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers

2 x Salamander Hunting Pack (220)

3 x Terradon Riders (90)
    - Sunleech Bolas

BEHEMOTHS
    Bastiladon (220)
    - Weapon: Solar Engine

TOTAL: 1010/1000 WOUNDS: 95
    LEADERS: 1/4 BATTLELINES: 2 (2+) BEHEMOTHS: 1/2 ARTILLERY: 0/2
    ARTEFACTS: 0/1 ENDLESS SPELLS: 0/2 ALLIES: 0/200

Now I know it's 10 points over - is that an issue?

If I remove the Terradons I can replace them with a Skink Priest which will bring the points to 990, or if I remove the Bastiladon I can keep the Terradons and add a Skink Priest.

I'm thinking the Solar Engine-equipped Bastiladon is worth keeping to try and take care of the gargant I'll be facing. What're your thoughts?

2. Lambs and Lions
    Chameleon Skink

Lambs and Lions Well-Known Member

If this is your first game then don't worry too much about the list. Just about everything in the book is good. Talk to your opponent about the 10 points. It's not fair to have extra points when your opponent doesn't, it's like starting a race ahead of the other runner.

Maybe drop 10 skinks.

Stugmeister likes this.
  3. Acehilator
    Ripperdactil

Acehilator Well-Known Member

Drop the Teradons for a Priest and split the Skinks 40/20 or maybe 40/10/10.

I am not up to date on FAQs, is the Bastiladon still immune to Rend at full health? If yes, print out the FAQ or save a link to it. It's easier to let him read it instead of trying to explain, lol.

Stugmeister likes this.
  4. Stugmeister
    Skink

Stugmeister New Member

Thank you for your comments Lamb and Lions and Acehilator. :)

I've spoken with my opponent, he's fine to go 10 points over.

Whereabouts can I download the latest FAQs?

Why would splitting the Skinks into 40/20 or 40/10/10 be better?

5. Acehilator
    Ripperdactil

Acehilator Well-Known Member

You want a blob of 40 Skinks to maximize the effects of the buffs from Starpriest + Priest. Make no mistake, they are the core of your army and your most powerful unit by a long shot. That's why I would drop the Terradons for the Priest even if your opponent is fine with you going 10 points over.

Without the Terradons you have one less unit, so splitting the remaining Skinks 10/10 gives you more flexibilty for screening and objective sitting/grabbing. But running 20 gives the second unit a bit more punch in an emergency, and the list is one drop less. Both choices should be roughly equally valid, I think.

Regarding FAQs: https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=aos+faq

Stugmeister likes this.
  6. Stugmeister
    Skink

Stugmeister New Member

Cheers Acehilator!

I'll mull it over.

7. Stugmeister
    Skink

Stugmeister New Member

Again, many thanks for your help Lamb and Lions and Acehilator. :)

I played the game on Saturday and managed to walk away with a victory! I went with Acehilators suggestion by going with the Starpriest and Priest. The grots caused some heavy casualties in the first half of the game, but by the end I'd wiped out every greenskin on the battlefield. My Bastiladon did a grand job of taking the Gargant down over two turns; that's one tasty space cannon! :)

The battleplan was Blood & Glory where you need to claim four objectives for a major victory. I managed three - I was an inch out from the fourth.