8th Ed. 2 Questions

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Bananmats, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Bananmats
    Saurus

Bananmats New Member

1) My SVet had Opal amulet and got hit with a nasty amber spear. They told me that my Opal amulet would save all of the multiple wounds on a 4+. Agree ?

2) My Hydralisk got charged, rolled 8 for the first shot and missfire on second. Dude told me that it clearly says that Missfire stops him from shooting. So no shots fired. Agree ?

2. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

1. No, the 4+ will be of use against the first wound only. However, if you had the charmed shield, the first HIT would be ignored at 2+.

2. Not familiar with the hydralisk. I know that with our salamanders, they can never stand and shoot. I also know that with the razordons, they can. However, I believe our rule book states that if one fails they all fail on the stand and shoot. You probably should look at the rules for the dydralisk to see what they say. In our gaming group, we discuss it and if we cannot come to an agreement, then we roll for it.

3. Lord Tsunami
    Salamander

Lord Tsunami Member

1) actually yes. as you can see on page 73 in the brb, each UNSAVED wound is multiplied in to several wounds. saves happen first. hence amber spear hits you once (and wounds you). then you take a 4+ ward and if that fails it will multiply in to several wounds.

2) hydralisk? playing starcraft? :D
    if it is a razordon/salamnder you talk about then sadly yes, the missfire stops all the shots. see page 57 in the LM armybook)

4. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

I stand corrected! :D