8th Ed. 2 quick(ish) questions

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by walach, Oct 5, 2010.

1. walach
    Razordon

walach New Member

If these have been answered elsewhere, apologies!

1. As stated in the rulebook FAQ, "Hits inflicted by rolls on the Miscast table are treated as magical attacks". So can i use my magic resistance to save against them?

2. In the lore of life, the spell regrowth, can i cast it on salamanders? stegadons? As far as i see the only thing you cant cast it on are characters and thier mounts, but the rest of the spell refers to healing 'rank and file' so i assume not?

2. Xul
    Temple Guard

Xul New Member

1-you can only use magic resistance against damage caused by spells. as this is not a spell, but a magical attack, you can't use it for this (same as you can't when being hit by a magic weapon).

2-can be used on a salamander without problems. also can be used on a steg (with the standard steg crew), but not if u have a character riding the steg.

3. walach
    Razordon

walach New Member

so if i cast on a salamander/steg, what about the skinks? do they get raised first/last/my choice/cannot be raised?

4. Xul
    Temple Guard

Xul New Member

the skinks should be raised last, as the multi-wound model needs to be healed to full first.

5. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

I have a question. Let's say that you had a sally unit that was on the other side of the table and was destoyed. Could you regrow that unit in a spot of your chosing (or next to your slann for that matter)?

6. Xul
    Temple Guard

Xul New Member

regrowth is an augment spell, which needs to target a unit. when a unit is completely destroyed, it no longer exists, so you can't target it.

7. Arli
    Skink Priest

Thanks

8. MaSlann
    Skink

MaSlann New Member

I had similar situation , Temple guard was wiped by Skaven plague spell (ouch) . Anyhow i had Scar in them who survived along with a Slann , So could i regrowth TG around them (knowing that they were all part of unit)?

9. Arli
    Skink Priest

I would think that you could regrow that unit. Especially since the Slann was in that unit.

10. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

no, since ther are no more temple guard to regrow,
    now you just hae a unit of a slan and a scar-vet.

11. Arli
    Skink Priest

ouch! That sucks.

12. rammramm
    Chameleon Skink

rammramm New Member

I agree with n810. This is the same as when counting VP in that situation. Your opponent gets VP for killing the TG even though the slann was in the unit and is still alive.

How to count VP and regrowth possibilities in a Skrox unit however. That I dont know.

13. Arli
    Skink Priest

I believe the multi wound models are healed first (as stated with earlier in the thread) then the skinks are healed.

14. rammramm
    Chameleon Skink

rammramm New Member

Ok.

I thought the salamander being healed first was only because the handlers cant exist without the salamander.

15. wolfmage
    Temple Guard

wolfmage New Member

I would say that as the Slann is part of the TG unit and cannot leave it that you could regrow the unit around him, But frankly how often does your entire unit of TG die and leave your slann alive.

16. TheRolfgar
    Chameleon Skink

TheRolfgar New Member

They are two different units, it doesn't matter that he cannot leave the unit. The TG are rank and file infantry while the Slann is a character. If there are no TG you cannot regrowth them as that "unit" has been destroyed.

As for "how would you have a slann and no TG" Wounds are not carried over from a unit to a character, if all the TG were wiped out (overkill would be ignored here) in CC and only the slann survived (because nothing directed attacks towards him) he could be alone and alive (assuming he passed his break test).

17. rammramm
    Chameleon Skink

rammramm New Member

On a sepperate note:

How would it work out if you give something like Glittering scales on your revered guardian and en enemy wipe out your TG with hits only allocated at the unit. Since it would be harder to wound the champion it seems weird that an extra wound against a normal TG could cary over to him. However I am pretty sure that removing him is the only way to play since he isnt a character.

18. TheRolfgar
    Chameleon Skink

TheRolfgar New Member

Wounds do carry over to command units as they are not characters.