AoS 2000 pts against Ossiarch

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Nart, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Allegiance: Seraphon
    Mortal Realm: Shyish

Leaders
    Slann Starmaster (260)
    - General
    - Artefact: The Ragged Cloak
    - Spell: Stellar Tempest
    Skink Starpriest (80)
    - Spell: Meteoric Convocation
    Engine of the Gods (240)
    - Artefact: Ethereal Amulet
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)

Battleline
    10 x Skinks (70)
    - Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (70)
    10 x Skinks (70)

Units
    3 x Razordons (120)
    3 x Skink Handlers (40)
    5 x Chameleon Skinks (110)

Behemoths
    Bastiladon (280)
    Bastiladon (280)

Battalions
    Thunderquake Starhost (120)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
    Balewind Vortex (40)
    Prismatic Palisade (30)
    Quicksilver Swords (30)

Total: 2000 / 2000
    Extra Command Points: 1
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 90

Made from models that I have, but I may consider to get Kroak.

In short, we've got an Ossiarch in local club. He plans to go minimal mortek guard but with double mortek crawlers. So I basically took classical LizardWizard's Thunderquake and adopted it a bit. I toned down skinks and summoning possibility in favor of anti-crawler defence. Ragged cloak will help slann to survive turn 1, but I also consider giving it to he EotG or Astrolith, since slann could be hidden behind LoS-block and after getting Vortex+Cover+Gift of Heavens+Look out!, he is virtually invincible to mortek fire.

The plan is to start 39" away from crawlers and give away turn 1 (he doesn't use any battalions yet, so I have a chance to chose who goes first. Chameleon skinks will tie one of his crawlers and the other one should be blocked by prismatic palisade. I will teleport a pack of skinks to tie it too, or distract attention. Ossiarch doesn't have much to easily remove small units. They will have to dedicate a whole Guard unit to remove these skinks or a whole volley from the Crawler.

Bastiladons will go for Katakros, trying to tie it, while Razordons deal with guard and support heroes if possible. Engine will do his usual stuff. Swords are just to fill the points and mortals can be handy.

I thought about DT, but Ripper's attacks will bounce from 3+ armor (sometimes rerollable). And there is no target that they deal with. But I may think about more specific build without shadowstrike, that aim to tie his guard and just go for objectives. Kroak's MW output could be helpful too.

LizardWizard and Erta Wanderer like this.
  2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

crawlers aren't a problem for us they need line of site so hiding the slann is easy and if you get chamelions into melee they can't fire as they have a min range and have to fire at the unit in melee with them

LizardWizard likes this.
  3. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

To be honest, I think that crawler is a horrible unit design-wise. Because it is extremely random. It can do nothing for the whole game or can win it turn 1. Random double 6 on stelle can one-shot Astrolith, Slann or even bastiladon. But standrad fire is bonkers. It can one-shot EotG easily.

I am more concerned about Astrolith. I think, I should set up terrain to create maximum LoS-block in centre, so my characters can both hide and give their buffs.

LizardWizard likes this.