1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. 2400 point first ever lizardmen army

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Sprayy, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Sprayy
    Skink

Sprayy New Member

Hey guys, getting back into it, and theres a 2400 point tournament at GW saturday. Using a battalion and the pieces I had, this is what I've come up with:

Heroes:
    Skink Chief on Terradon. Light armour, spear, charmer shield
    SkinK Priest, Level 2, Plaque of Topek
    Total: 211

Lords:
    Saurus old one. W/ Horned one, shield, light armour, sword of striking
    Slann, +2 discipline, cupped hands of the old one
    Total: 591

Core:
    20 Saurus w/ full command
    20 Saurus W/ full command
    28 skinks with full command and One Kroxigor
    Total = 717

Special:
    8 Chameleons
    8 Chameleons
    8 Cold One riders /w full command
    20 Temple Guard w/ Full command
    Total = 877

Grand Total: 2396

2. Sprayy
    Skink

Sprayy New Member

Played against Chaos today. Got welcomed back in a big way. He got to go first, his first magic phase he got infernal portal off against my entire temple guard/ Slann unit. Right out of the gate I lost 1/3 of my army.

I made it close though, I killed a troll unit with a Throg and two chaos warrior units. If I had to do it again I'd take a Stagedon and great bow and turtle at the back a little more.

3. Hiv0r
    Chameleon Skink

Hiv0r New Member

Hey there =)

Here is my take on your lizardmen list:

* First of all: No BSB = big problem in 8th edition they are WAY too useful.
    * Skink chief on Terradon, I definately wouldn't take him without a unit as he will be an easy 100 points.
    * It is pretty important you say what 2 discplines your using.
    * I would probably tool up your slann more to a super slann (this not only makes you have a lot of points which are hard to take in one place) but tends to be very dominant.
    * I would replace the Saurus Old One with multiple cheap scar vetrans with cheap items.
    * You havn't said whether your Saurus are using HW+shield or Spears but maybe take one of each?
    * I would max out your kroxigors in your skink regiment generally 24/3 is good
    * Why not break your chameleons into 3x5 instead of 2x8 they die very easily and with coldblooded shouldnt panic too much so generally worth splitting them up incase they have a mass firepower unit or a combat unit.
    * Maybe take the flaming banner or swiftness on your templeguard, might aswell utalise the fact they can take one.

Use the terradon chief to make a unit of 3 terradons and still save some points, then split the old one into 2 mounted scar vets, buff the slann up maybe remove 3 Cold One's to do this as you don't want too many points in Cold Ones just as a medium flanking force.

Hope that helps,

Mike B

4. Sprayy
    Skink

Sprayy New Member

Thanks. Who should I give BSB to? I didn't add anything to the Saurus's besides full command. I found the skink unit very useless against the stout Chaos Melee units. I'm not sure I'd field them again. I really really think a Stegadon with great bow would have been of great use. His monster canon was able to shoot with reckless abandon on me. Also I need a better single unit killer. His Level 4 mage with that damn infernal portal just slaughtered me.

5. Hiv0r
    Chameleon Skink

Hiv0r New Member

The skinks are only good when you get like 3 Kroxigors in there 1 kroxigor wont do anything due to only being WS3 meaning 1.5 hits... not enough damage.

I would give BSB to your slann for 25 points

6. Sprayy
    Skink

Sprayy New Member

What exactly is BSB?

7. novatomato
    Razordon

novatomato Member

BSB = Battle Standard Bearer.

8. Sprayy
    Skink

Sprayy New Member

what does it do?

9. Hiv0r
    Chameleon Skink

Hiv0r New Member

Check your rulebook, it should be clearly indexed in the back :)

10. Sprayy
    Skink

Sprayy New Member

I'm thinking Tiq'tao or w/e would be useful as well with a group of three terradons to come flying in from an edge to keep warmachines at bay.

11. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

I would go with 2 units of chameleons over Tiq'tak'to. He is fun to play, but not worth the points. The best benefit to Terradons is the vanguard move. If you do not start Tiq'tak'to on the board, you have to roll for him each turn. I have played him twice, he has never came on the board at turn 1 or 2. You would do better starting him on the board to get the vanguard move.

12. Sprayy
    Skink

Sprayy New Member

Thanks. I think doing it over again, I wouldn't put the guy on the raptor in the game. He was useless. I'd replace him with a stegadon and long bow. I have more than enough infantry and magic to turtle a bit and reign chaos with bow. Maybe even drop the skinks and have two stegadons.