1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. 2400 vs Empire

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by Ersh, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Ersh
    Cold One

Ersh Active Member

Good day to everyone!

My list:

Slann: Obsidian Amulet. Higher State, Focus of Mystery, High Magic.
    Oldblood: Enchanted Shield, Sword of Might, LA.

Scarvet: BSB, Carnosaur with Bloodroar, Armor of Destiny, GW, Shield.
    Skink Priest: lvl1, Heaven, Dispell Scroll
    Skink Priest: lvl1, Heaven, Cube

29x Saurus Warrior: FC, HW and Shields
    3x 10x Skink Skirmishers
    11x Skink Skirmishers

6x Kroxigors, champ
    3x Ripperdactyls

2x Razordon with add. handler

Enemy army:

Well, i don’t have his list, but according to photos he had:

5 Demigryphs
    5 Knights
    5 Knights
    Arch Lector general on altar with bound spell.
    Mage lvl 4 and 2 or 3 mages lvl1, all of them Light magic
    Several spearmans
    3 cannons
    Archers
    Tons of halberds
    Some astral engine that gave him +1 cube in magic phase.

Turn 1

My Comet of Cassandora was canceled by dispell scroll.
    Razordone and Skink Skirmishers on the right flank killed 2 of 5 Knights. But Knights charged Razordone in their turn and made a single wound, that was enough to it for flee. ...they will flee all the game and ran off the table.
    Ripperdactyls flight almost to cannons faces.

Demigryphs charged my Kroxigores and needed something like a 10 on dices, so i decided to flee and then came back. But Kroxies rolled 2. Was caught and slaughtered =(
    Cannon tried grape shot on Rippers and exploded.
    Archers killed 1 skirmisher, but cannon on the left flank made a smart shot to my skinks, so the cannon-ball jumped behind the hill and hitted my Carno... Luckily both survived. That..was... close ...

Turn 2
    Rippers killed Spearmens, Cannon killed few Sauruses. i used Apotheosis on Carnosaur to heal his wounds. And Arcane Unforge on Knight on Pegasus, destroyed his Dragon Helm. After that i changed Arcane to the Spirit Leech.

Turn 3
    Demigryphs got 2 wounds from Razordone and Skirmishers. I tried to charge Demi's with my Skinks - just to catch them in melee and flank with Sauruses or Carno. But Demi's fled and i needed only 7 to catch them with Skinks - but... I got only 3. Wow, just wow.
    Skinks on the right flank finally killed Knights (they just ran off the table).
    Cannon killed few sauruses again, and my Carno got Hand of Glory (advanced version, +2 to all)

Turn 4
    Horde with halberds slaughtered my Rippers. Knights on my left flank charged Skinks, they fled, and Knights faced Carnosaur (that was waiting for some fun all the game there, behind the hill). Needless to say, that Carno with Scarvet made a slaughter, and last few Knights ran off the table. Bloodroar is a nice thing!
    My sauruses tried to roll a 7 and charge helbarders. ...rolled 3 and lost also 3 due dangerous terrain.

Turn 5
    Helbers horde charged my Sauruses from the hill, and Knight on Pegasus made the same thing. He was challenged by my Oldblood.
    Oldblood made a single wound on Knight, Suruses and Helberders killed each other a little bit, but it was a draw.
    Arch Lector did not care about my Spirit Leech.

Turn 6
    Demigryphs was almost ready to charge my Suruses to the flank, but Slann uses Walk Between Worlds and teleported Skinks to redirect Demi's.
    Cannon on the right flank exploded (Ha! don't aim my Skink Priest!)
    Arch Lector ignored Spirit Leech. Again.

The game. And it's a draw. Well, if my Skniks cought that Demigryphs... Or SL Archlector.

Debriefing:

Carnosaur: was forced to hide all the game from cannons crossfire. Need to do something with it, i failed anti-cannon operations with comet, with rippers, and even with Skirmishers. My fault. Now i really hate cannons.
    Saurus Warriors: they are nice guys!
    Slann: I was unlucky in magic phases, but still he did a good job, with dispelling and casting.
    Razordons: Looks like they are useless... Skink Skirmishers can poison, at least. Any ideas about them?
    Kroxigores: =( just unlucky.

...i got one more game vs Dark Elfes after this one, and i was tabled. In short words - some irresistible Shadow Magic sh1t that killed my Slann on Turn 2 (with Init check w/o any ward saves) and made the same irresistible thing with Carnosaur on Turn 3. And after that Witches made leadership test after charge of Sauruses to the front and Kroxigores to the flank... That gave time to cavalry to come to help. Still i killed all the bitches. (2 cents: even if u use ethereal Slann - place him in 2 inches of any unit - that will give u 4+ "Look out, sir").