1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. 2500 Lizards vs Dark Elves, first time ever

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by Professor_Skink, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Professor_Skink
    Skink

Professor_Skink New Member

So I posted earlier this week for advice against the dark elves for this battle, and here it goes, my first ever fight against those pointy eared turds.

My list
    Slann w/ high, funky channel, channel staff, soul o stone, reservoir
    Skink chief on terradon, had egg, biting blade, dragon bane gem, and enchanted shield for 2+
    Skink priest lv 1 on beast with scroll
    tetto
    Scar vet bsb with fencers blades and dragon helm
    31 saurus block, FC
    10 skirmishers x2
    10 skink cohorts x2, one unit had banner and musician
    bastiladon
    5 chameleons
    ancient stegadon with horns
    2 salamanders
    3 terradons
    3 rippers

His List
    Sorceress lv 4 on metal
    death hag with obsidian blade
    bsb on coldone
    dark riders with crossbows x3
    40 something witch elves with the cauldron
    24 executioners
    3 bolt throwers
    10 cold one knights
    10 sisters of slaughter

My bsb went in my big block of saurus, flanked by the two monsters, with tetto's cohorts and the slann's safely behind, with salamanders near the block ready to torch witch elves. my flyer chaff was on the right flank, where his bolt throwers and cavalry bus was. He got first turn, moved everyone up, so sisters and witches were headed for the saurus, with cold ones bringing up the flank. I decided to use magic on the witch elves, killing about seven, followed by one salamander torching 7 as well. Of course the other one ate a skink. his magic wasn't doing much, until he used a final transmutation to turn my bsb to gold. However, then I got off a fiery convo that took ten witches away. By the time he got into my saurus with his witch elves, there was only about fourteen left to my twenty something saurus. The executioners actually failed a panic and ended up halfway across the board by passing through units.
    Anyway, the biggest moments happened after all this: the witch elves have a SHITLOAD of attacks, and with the cauldron it's terrifying! I heard people say stay away, and now I know WHY! I managed to survive THREE rounds of those ladies attacking my saurus, getting the unit down to ONE witch elf and the cauldron and hag minus one wound each. Half of the executioners were gone from salamanders, his sisters were actually charged by my ancient steg and massacred. Unfortunately, the battle was hard fought and dice were on my opponent's side. HE needed an 11 on his cold one knights to catch a unit and rolled it. Needed to survive 15 javelin shots with one witch elf and the cauldron and did. It was real enjoyable and taught me a lot. Although, I didn't face any warlocks, which I was kind of fearing. Any tactics against those?
    (Btw the only points I had left at the end included my slann and a unit of skirmishers. He only lost his sisters and a dark rider unit. One more wound to kill the witch elf and it wouldn't have been that bad lol)