1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2k Fangs for tournament

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Klap, Aug 18, 2021.

1. Klap
    Skink

Klap Member

Hi all,

I’m going to a tournament in a couple of weeks, 1 day event, 3 games,16 players.

I have only played a couple of games of 3.0 and have not yet tried this list, I do plan to play a couple of test games starting with one tonight against cities.

would people be able to have a look over my list and give any feedback please?

Allegiance: Seraphon
    - Constellation: Fangs of Sotek
    - Mortal Realm: Ghur
    - Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery
    - Triumphs: Indomitable

Leaders
    Lord Kroak (430)*
    - General
    - Spell: Stellar Tempest
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (150)*
    - Artefact: Serpent God Dagger
    Skink Oracle on Troglodon (270)**
    - Spell: Tide of Serpents
    Stegadon with Skink Chief (305)
    - Artefact: Cloak of Feathers
    - Weapon: Skystreak Bow
    Skink Starpriest (130)*
    - Spell: Hand of Glory
    Skink Priest (80)**
    - Universal Prayer Scripture: Heal

Battleline
    30 x Skinks (225)**
    - Boltspitters & Moonstone Clubs
    - Reinforced x 2
    10 x Skinks (75)**
    - Boltspitters Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (75)**
    - Boltspitters Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers
    5 x Saurus Guard (115)*

Endless Spells & Invocations
    Chronomantic Cogs (45)
    Soulsnare Shackles (65)

Core Battalions
    *Warlord
    **Battle Regiment

Additional Enhancements
    Artefact

Total: 1965 / 2000
    Reinforced Units: 2 / 4
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 112
    Drops: 6

thanks in advance.

2. Kakalou1
    Saurus

Kakalou1 Member

I am new to V3 so take my advice with précautions but :
    - What is the point to have 4 battlelines ? 30 skinks, 20 skinks and 5 saurus guard is better
    - Thé Troglodon is too expansive according to me, cameleon or salamanders are worth their price

3. NecridHydra
    Temple Guard

NecridHydra Well-Known Member

Those two units of Skinks are screens, to prevent a charge.

4. Klap
    Skink

Klap Member

So after the game last night against my friends cities army, the list seems to play as I expected just i was very bad at controlling it.

kroak miscast my first turn on his first spell, my deployment was very bad and my dice were just not wanting to play. I conceded at the bottom of the 3rd being already 6vp behind with very few units left.

We had a discussion at the start of the game about extending ranges of endless spells and we ruled that I couldn’t, there was no good use for shackles at 12” range and he was focus firing my priest and start priest as early as he could so i need to be more careful with there positioning.

the steg did bad as I failed a charge in to 6 demigyphs then they butchered him the next turn. That was my bad play more than anything else.

me and the cities player are going to have another game soon, I’m going to play the same list, pilot it a bit better then decide if I want any changes. But so far maybe because croak miscast but he felt very underwhelming considering the points I have put in to support him. The trog for the same reason but he was useful as a unit I could teleport and summon around.

my block of 30 skinks survived a lot more than I expected, but mostly because he was focusing my characters.

5. Tyranitar
    Terradon

Tyranitar Well-Known Member

One thing I would change is switching battle regiment to a second warlord Battalion for another artifact. I don't think you're really competing in the drop department at 6 drops anyway so the artifact is more useful. I'd take the amulet of destiny on the trog or the astrolith. I've played both kroak and a normal slann at this point and it's unclear whether kroak is worth the additional points, his output is very nerfed now. The only thing I'm sure of is you need some sort of slann even just for magic defense. I'm not sold on shackles, mostly because your opponent has two opportunities to clear them away before they have an impact. I also don't think I would run a starborne list without salamanders so I would cut something to make room for them

6. Bewilderbeast
    Skink

Bewilderbeast New Member

Good news is that with the faq you can extend the range of endless spells

7. Margawt
    Skink

Margawt New Member

Your battles are probably over by now but I would, change out the Skink Oracle on Trog for a Engine of the Gods. Now that it has the "Priest" Keyword and the point cost did not go up either at 265.

8. Klap
    Skink

Klap Member

Yeah I’m already looking in to that, the tournament is this up coming Sunday, I will have to submit my list by the mid of this week, I have been trying out a lot of lists with my friends over TTS and might actually be swapping over to thunder lizard as I seem to be getting better results out of that list. I have another game on TTS today and then I need to make my decision as I won’t get another game in before the tournament.

9. Margawt
    Skink

Margawt New Member

Good luck in your tournament. I'd like to see your Thunderlizard list (I would suggest putting in at least One Bastiladon w/solar engine to use against those demon armies, that way you can either double tap the EOG or the Bastiladon), I play Coalesced all the time. I have still not played Starborn yet but I will soon.

Tyranitar likes this.