AoS 2k KC list w/Slann general

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Just A Skink, Aug 15, 2023.

1. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

What are your thoughts on this list? It seems like it has some slight casting flexibility plus decent punch.

Allegiance: Seraphon
    - Constellation: Koatl's Claw
    - Grand Strategy: Spellcasting Savant

- Triumphs: Indomitable

Leaders
    Slann Starmaster
    (275)*
    - General
    - Command Trait: Shaman of the Chilled Lands
    - Artefact: Itxi Grubs
    - Spell: Empowered Celestite

Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (260)*
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (260)**
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (140)*
    Saurus Oldblood (130)**
    - Artefact: Sotek's Gaze

Battleline
    10 x Saurus Warriors
    (180)**
    - Spears
    10 x Saurus Warriors (180)**
    - Spears
    10 x Saurus Warriors (180)**
    - Spears

Behemoths
    Bastiladon with Ark of Sotek
    (180)**
    Bastiladon with Ark of Sotek (180)

Endless Spells & Invocations
    Suffocating Gravetide
    (30)

Core Battalions
    *Command Entourage - Magnificent
    **Battle Regiment

Additional Enhancements
    Artefact

Total: 1995 / 2000
    Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 136
    Drops: 5

Last edited: Aug 15, 2023
    regnirbthgin likes this.
  2. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

I toyed with dropping one Basti ot reinforce a unit of Warriors.

3. sibalgo
    Jungle Swarm

sibalgo New Member

I'm a little late to the game here but I really like this list from a lore/concept perspective and from an actual effectiveness in battle perspective. I've always been a big fan of the "Slann general commanding a bunch of saurus" army lists. It's got enough casting power to get what you need done magically but is very much still a hard-hitting classic dino army.

I haven't had a chance to play since the new battletome came out, but the coalesced lists I've been putting together are similar to this. Going to use this for some inspiration!

regnirbthgin and Just A Skink like this.
  4. Doons
    Saurus

Doons Member

Whats the game plan here? just out of curiosity it looks very tough to move off objectives, but maybe lacking a little mobility, and perhaps a screen or two.

5. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

You're probably right. I just wanted to make a Coalesced list with some of our big dinos and Warriors. I toyed with making this Thunder Lizard b/c it gets so little love, but it would want a Stegadon for variety of monstrous actions.

I'm not the best tactician, but I was generally thinking that I could run 1 Carno, 1 Basti and 1 unit of Warriors on each flank. The third unit of Warriors and the Slann, Astro, and Oldblood would set up more towards the middle. I hope that I can flex aggressive and defensive (aggressive with the monsters and defensive on the objectives with the Warriors). I would love to get a reinforced unit of Saurus for the Slann, but I'm not sure what to give up. I suppose I could give up the Oldblood and Gravetide for unit of 10 Guard. Or swap out the Oldblood for Starseer/Starpriest.

regnirbthgin likes this.
  6. Doons
    Saurus

Doons Member

squeeze six aggradons(adds more dino's) re-enforce warriors ? drop a carnasaur and ob on foot? telepathic summons maybe with astro its 15" 20 warriors or 6 aggradons could take a hit and buy time too get your army up field.maybe?

Just A Skink likes this.
  7. sibalgo
    Jungle Swarm

sibalgo New Member

One of my first thoughts on the list was potentially swapping out the Oldblood for a Starseer but I'm not sure where you'd get the extra 15 points you need. To me (keep in mind I'm a big noob), though, this list looks a lot scarier with a Starseer than an Oldblood if you could make that work.

Something that does worry me would be a big enemy push up the middle to wreak havoc on your casters. Theoretically I guess this is where the move distance on the carnos would really come in handy/let you play the flex aggressive/defensive style.

Haven't played with the aggradons yet but in this list I really like the idea of running them up the flank with a carno. Seems like it could be a deadly combo if executed well.

Let me know if I'm getting anything wrong or am totally off base here :p I'm still learning the new battletome and working on theorycrafting lists myself.

Just A Skink likes this.
  8. Doons
    Saurus

Doons Member

Best advice I ever got...... Try it out,and reflect on the outcome.......What did it's job? where was my army strong? where was i weak? What was just human error and bad judgement? Who didn't make it to the party? Ask lots of questions
    applicationcraft beats theorycraft %100 of the time (most good theory craft is just remembering that time we got our butts handed to us and why)
    "Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." -Mike Tyson

Just A Skink and sibalgo like this.
  9. Nathan Weeres
    Saurus

Nathan Weeres Active Member

I mostly play coalesced and usually use a slann for some support tho not often as the general I'll add to what's already been said about aggradons by saying I run a block of 6 w. My old blood on carno and they've almost always been the MVPs the slann and the carno work really well to distract from the aggradons.

Just A Skink and Travis Camp like this.