TOW 2k - The Old World Lizardmen List

Discussion in 'Lizardmen Army Lists' started by Lizard Wizard, Aug 8, 2024.

1. Lizard Wizard
    Jungle Swarm

Lizard Wizard New Member

Lizardmen - Lizardmen MKVII - [1998pts]
    Characters [997pts]
    Saurus Scar-Veteran [292pts]: Hand Weapon, Heavy Armour, Shield, Giant Blade, Carnosaur (Heavy Armour, Slashing talons)

Skink Priest [345pts]: Hand Weapon, Light Armour, Wizard Level 2, Battle Magic
    • 1x Ancient Stegadon [255pts]: 5x Skink Crew (Hand Weapon, Javelin), Great horns, Engine of the Gods

Slann Mage-Priests [360pts]:
    • 1x Slann Mage-Priest [360pts]: Hand Weapon, Battle Standard Bearer, General, Becalming Cogitation, Wizard Level 4, Battle Magic

Core [500pts]
    Saurus Warriors [140pts]:
    • 10x Saurus Warrior [14pts]: Hand Weapon, Heavy Armour, Shield
    Skink Skirmishers [60pts]:
    • 10x Skink [6pts]: Hand Weapon, Light Armour, Blowpipe

Special [246pts]
    Kroxigor [147pts]:
    • 3x Kroxigor [49pts]: Great Weapon, Heavy Armour
    Terradon Riders [99pts]:
    • 3x Terradon Rider [33pts]: Terradon (Hand Weapon), Hand Weapon, Light Armour, Fireleech bolas

Rare [255pts]
    Ancient Stegadon [255pts]: 5x Skink Crew (Hand Weapon, Javelin), Great horns, Engine of the Gods

This seems like the best way I can get a double engine, Slann and Scar-Vet on Carno. Thoughts?

2. discomute
    Bastiladon

discomute Well-Known Member

Your slann is not ethereal and there is no temple guard. He will attract all shooting and likely die early. Not the biggest deal in the world if it lets your monsters run free but I would put the BSB elsewhere.

Giant blade is decent enough but has a massive downside of its armour penetration (so does the carnosaur for that matter) so ensure to keep it away from heavy cav. (The Talisman of Protection IMO is the best item in the game and the same cost, I would be tempted to take it instead and a great weapon. You might need to drop the sheild to get characters under 1000)

Blowpipes are awful. They are wose than javelins and cost more. I had one good game with them (which was really my opponents error of being happy to charge a large toughness low armour giant straight at them, followed by some lucky rolling) and I persisted for too long.

3x for Kroxigor and Terradon are not ideal as one dying will trigger a panic. I like to run 4 but you may not be able to fit it in.

airjamy likes this.
  3. TzhunkiHuanchisukaePiangi
    Saurus

TzhunkiHuanchisukaePiangi Member

1) slann MUST be ethereal if you don’t play templeguards 2) scan veteran on carno without ts is rly rly bad

4. Kalisto
    Razordon

Kalisto Active Member

As before written plus don’t forget to play at least one scout unit and maybe some vanguard units