AoS 2k vs Fyreslayers

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Tilorn91, Jun 19, 2022.

1. Tilorn91
    Saurus

Tilorn91 Active Member

Hello everyone. Long story short, there is a running joke about how I avoid playing vs my Fyreslayer friend as I literally always lost against him previously. Months have passed, and finally it is a time for a new match. I suspect he will run blocks of Berzerkers, maybe some Vulkite screens, Nulsidian Icon for that 4+ spell ignore aura, and a few heroes to enable wards on Berzerkers, and to transfer wounds to them on a 3+.

So, how do I finally squeeze out a win? List I had in mind was maximum shooting in two one-drops to have him go first, and hope for a double turn. Now, I have several questions:

Allegiance: Seraphon
    - Constellation: Fangs of Sotek
    - Mortal Realm: Ghur
    - Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery
    - Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders
    Celestant-Prime, Hammer of Sigmar (325)*
    - Allies
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (150)*
    - Artefact: Serpent God Dagger
    Skink Priest (80)*
    - Universal Prayer Scripture: Curse
    Skink Starpriest (130)**
    - Spell: Hand of Glory
    Skink Starseer (145)**
    - Spell: Tide of Serpents
    Slann Starmaster (265)**
    - General
    - Command Trait: Arcane Might
    - Spell: Stellar Tempest

Battleline
    30 x Skinks (225)*
    - Boltspitters Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers
    - Reinforced x 2
    10 x Skinks (75)*
    10 x Skinks (75)**

Units
    2 x Salamander Hunting Pack (280)**
    - Reinforced x 1

Behemoths
    Bastiladon with Solar Engine (250)**

Core Battalions
    *Battle Regiment
    **Battle Regiment

Total: 2000 / 2000
    Reinforced Units: 3 / 4
    Allies: 325 / 400
    Wounds: 106
    Drops: 2

Questionable units here (to me) seem to be the Basti and the Starseer. The reasoning for them is that I am hoping for some spike dmg from the Basti's long range, though no double activation hurts him. Starseer is brought for that -1 save debuff on something important.

Celestant would be on the table from turn 1 to dish out those long range mortals.

Overall, I am very disheartened to play anything melee as charging the Fyreslayers means giving them strike first and dying to 2MW's on sixes.

Even the 30 skinks, with reroll ones and Serpent Staff and Priest CA, are doing 11.67 dmg against a 4+. All in all, I am at a loss at what list to make, help is appreciated. Thanks for reading!

2. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Sterseer is good, but you won't use his other utility (3d6 for charges), so yes I would drop it.
    To go in melee against fyreslayers is hard, unless you are more resilient than them (nighthaunts or similar), so i would avoid that part and concentrate on more MWs.
    If you drop the Slann and the starseer you could almost squeeze Lord Kroak into it, falling short by 20 pts.
    Kroak will grant you another nice bunch of MWs, at that point you could almost drop the astrolith bearer, counting on the skinks as vassals to extend the range of celestial deliverance, picking also stellar tempest.

If I'm not wrong, You are saving 130 pts... pick a unit of 3 terradons rider: some further MWs and excellent harassers.
    still 25 pts... Burning Head.

3. Tilorn91
    Saurus

Tilorn91 Active Member

Interesting feedback, thanks! I am not convinced that 10" Kroak casting will do much good, but I will give it a shot. Probably my last game with the old GHB, might as well sport the Oldest Frog. Even considering Shackles, a CV 7 is not the easiest thing for the Fyreslayers to remove with Heroic Willpower.

Killer Angel likes this.