1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. 3000 points against Chaos

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by DonkeyHotep, Feb 14, 2009.

1. DonkeyHotep
    Temple Guard

DonkeyHotep New Member

I was in a 2v1 matchup against chaos Warriors and Chaos Demons (it makes sense)

My army consisted of:

Slann

also Slann

Temple Guard

Skink Priest on a stegadon

Scar vet on cold one

2 blocks of Spearus warriors

1 block of Skinks with Krox

2 small Skirmishers

Chameleon skinks

Saurus cav

Ancient Stegadon

Their army consisted of:

Block of bloodletters with that Krack Smoking Bloodletter Hero

Block of Pink Horrors

Block of Daemonettes

Block of Nurgle Warriors (all four in the mid)

Knights of Chaos

Block of Dual wielding Frenzied warriors and some hero

Some marauders

War Shrine

The battle started off with two strong central deployments, with my skinks and ancient steg on my left, and cav on the right. He placed the dualing kornites to my right and the marauders to the left with the shrine.

On the first turn, he advanced and tried to cast some spells.... and failed miserably. I had taken the rod of sorcery and had 8 dispel dice. On my turn I advanced on all fronts and began casting, I had taken Every spell on the lore of light, then realized it's not as strong against demons as it would first appear... I didn't really kill a great deal of guys with the slanns, so I made other planns. I did manage to cast the light spell that made the entire center of my army immune to psych.

It sucked because he charged the skink skirmishers with knights and deamonettes and they couldn't flee.... His marauders advanced under Chameleon fire and his War Shrine came up and rode past the Steg. The plaque of dominion made his Horrors stupid and largely nullified his desire to advance, skink march blocking also delayed the warriors.

On my turn I Charged into the mid and shot off the Engine...doing nothing productive despite hitting 3 demons units. Dice is dice. My slanns threw a bunch of spells around but surprisingly didn't accomplish much. My stegadon assaulted and caught a fleeing war shrine and maneuvered to assault the marauders. On this turn the Engine had also assaulted the Daemonettes on the flank and crushed many with his impact hits and won combat to no great importance. (freaking demons stubborn banner) My cavalry were stupid and thus didn't charge his kornites. He also had wall of fired them, which didn't harm them. The Temple Guard with the slann

On his turn he charged the cavalry.. His Bloodletters made a sad mockery of the Guard, especially since some nurgle warriors charged the flank. They were killed to a man and the Slann were both caught. The pink horrors came and attacked the Engine, ineffectively, since the engine was inside some saurus. The kornites charged the cavalry, and despite a great number of attacks, largely wiffed, the hero also failed to do anything to my Scar vet who Blade of Choteced his hero in return. The kornites lost and were pursued and caught. The knights charged a spear line some turns ago and were bogged down there. At this point things looked grim... more sad since both the players had complained about the new broken lizardmen... : (

My cavalry advanced to relieve the Engine, which managed to make the demons cry with a very effective Burning alignment and defeating a slaanesh hero in a duel (stegadons will do that even if skink priests won't) I actually won that combat, and managed to kill som bloodletters. My ancient steg rammed some marauders, beat them, and didn't catch them. My skink block advanced.

On his turn he managed to kill the Skink Priest and the combat continued.

On My turn, the cavalry charged and killed a disgusting number of pink horrors, also making the bsb there chicken out of a challenge. having won the fight the Stegadon turned around, with very few saurus left. Many demons were lost in this battle, but the knights also broke the spearus.

His turn, more fighting, the saurus were chased out and the steg slid up. He lost and more demons crumbled. His chaos warriors began to turn around.

My turn, the steg recharged the marauders and beat them again, didn't catch them. His Banner bearer had nowhere to go and got in a challenge with my champion, allowing my scar vet to attack the adjacent daemonettes.

His turn he charged the skinks with the knights and lost, fleeing. His Nurgle warriors were march blocked by some rallied skinks and could get anywhere this whole time. Oh, some flamers had been here also, innefectively pewing the stegadon and getting shot by chams. The Daemonettes died, and the herald did not.

On my turn I charged the Bloodletters and skinked them slightly, but lost 4 skinks back. The stegadon was killed. and the other stegadon charged some marauders for the last time, chasing them off the board. By the end of the game, the knights killed the herald and the skinks had fled from the warriors who charged them at the last minute. We announced it a draw, since everyone was pretty much sacked. He had been casting some aoe tzeench spell for a while and despite wining combat I was losing guys.

The match inspired two other friends to challenge me to a 2v1 with 3000 points of vampires and tomb kings.... Any advice?

2. Dalkarius
    Ripperdactil

Dalkarius New Member

Sounded like a gory game. I think you're amry would have crushed theirs, but the dice didn't seem to like you very much. Lol. That army should work well even against the Undead. Burning Ailment and Lore of Light will stomp on thme if the dice don't fluff out on you. Maybe taking another Engine would be wise, since you'll be facing Panic-causing catapults.

3. natpat
    Skink

natpat New Member

Great game. Some pictures would have helped, but it doesn't matter. Tell us how that 2v1 goes!