1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Announcement A Call to all undead players

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Killer Angel, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

After a long period of stagnation, Carpe Noctem (once home of the Vampire Counts... and also now) is turning again undead and kicking.
    Many members of the staff, raised by the return of their leader, Disciple of Nagash, are rising again the blood banner and are pumping new blood into the forum, with various initiatives.
    This is not only related to AoS 3.0 and the new Gravelords battletome, but is extended to various games (WHFB included) and other aspect of the hobby (lore history, painting guides and so on).

The effort is valuable, so i invite anyone interested in undead, to take a look at the "new" forum.
    After all, wouldn't it be nice to have other gaming forums active and successful as Lustria?

2. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

I know nothing of Vampire Counts, does this include Tomb Kings?

Not sure if I could keep up with another forum though... Either way, I'm curious.

Carnikang, Just A Skink and Imrahil like this.
  3. Killer Angel
    Slann

There's a chance that a TK subsection will be created

EDIT:
    indeed.
    relevant announcement made on CN

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  4. Disciple of Nagash
    Skink

Disciple of Nagash New Member

It's great to see Lustria online survived the End Times!

We welcome all undead players and as @Killer Angel said, that includes looking to welcome Tomb King players if there is interest?

I'd also like to offer Lustria a partnership of sorts. CN used to have agreements with all the main forums to allow sharing of news and announcements, competitions etc. I'd like to look at setting that up again, creating a community of forums as such.

5. Killer Angel
    Slann

That would be great.
    We organize competitions for short stories (every 3 months) and poetry (a couple each year) and it's a well consolidated tradition.
    With Carpe Noctem painting comp, we could share the events.

I think i will summon here the mods' staff.

Lizards of Renown likes this.
  6. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

"Survived"?!?

We barely faltered as lesser races perished.

I always like to visit CN. You guys have one of the better fluff writing communities in the Warhammer community and excellent painting tutorials and galleries.

I would be happy to partner with you guys and cross-post announcements and what-not.

EDIT: I only have a two or three units of Tomb King stuff but Lustria-Online has a lot of enthusiastic Tomb Kings collectors, especially among our top posters.

Both Lizardmen and Tomb Kings have ancient cultures, harsh landscapes, gold that tempts invaders and a "Get off my lawn, you kids!" approach to foreign policy.

7. Disciple of Nagash
    Skink

Well you know us vamps, we like to pretend we perished when we have just been having a nap ;)

Great that you guys are happy to partner. I'd be happy for you guys to post up any competition, news or events over at CN if we can do the same here. You should be able to do it in our announcements section. I also like the idea of perhaps having some combined events if you're interested?

Thanks! We've got some that we've kept hidden in the vaults so we're posting up some new content and rebuilding our outdated indexes. We're potentially going to be looking at running a VAU (Vampires Amongst Us) Roleplay which was always lots of fun if we can get the interest.

For the Tomb King players, we've revamped (pun intended) CN to be a place for all things dead, so all Undead Alliance on AoS, TK and VC in WHFB.

We're also considering welcoming any players from the forums who didn't make it?

8. Christopher
    Terradon

Christopher Well-Known Member

Considering the focus of your board I find this sentence particularly ominous. Oh, the difference between "players from those forums which" and "players from the forums who." Brrrrr...

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    Scalenex and Killer Angel like this.
  9. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Great!

As a somewhat fledgling TK's general, I'd love to see more content for them.

We have made a sub-forum on LO for other army discussions, but more is welcome!

10. Killer Angel
    Slann

our next short story comp is incoming, so I'm pretty sure me or @Scalenex will announce it on CN

Lizards of Renown likes this.
  11. Disciple of Nagash
    Skink

Definitely a mistake....really....

Quick question - you guys use XenForo as forum software as well. Any chance I can pick the brains of who's customised it? I'm upgrading CN's theme and having some sticking points

12. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Time to invoke a cartoon from @spawning of Bob

Q. After two millennia in the shadows, does Nagash command the same respect from his minions that he once enjoyed?

A. Not really.
    [​IMG]

13. Y'ttar Scaletail
    Troglodon

Y'ttar Scaletail Well-Known Member

Greet-greetings again dead-thing.

Glad that Carpe Noctem is still undead and kicking. :)
    I suppose I could pop on over, I was actually a dead-thing before I was a green-thing and before I was a Skaven. :p

14. Disciple of Nagash
    Skink

Greetings Y'ttar! It would be great to have you on the forum, come and play with the dead things.

On the point of the Skaven, where are the Skaven players chittering at the moment?

@Scalenex - I hope you are not besmirching our lord and saviour Nagash?! :eek:

Some good news, we're planning on running another Vampire Amongst Us, always a bit of fun and the perfect thing for people who love stories and roleplays. It would be great if I can post up an announcement here for it

15. Y'ttar Scaletail
    Troglodon

A good question. A good number I think ended up on the Facebook group, a few more ended up on the Skavenblight radio discord, and some others ended up on the Moulder Pitfighters campaign forums. The Council of Thirteen have pretty much vanished apart from myself. I'm still in contact with one other admin.

16. Killer Angel
    Slann

The End Times have been very rough... :(

17. Disciple of Nagash
    Skink

That's a real pity, it was a cool setup they had in that forum

18. Y'ttar Scaletail
    Troglodon

It was I guess a combination of End Times, the UE Council not having a clear direction, the change of zetaboards to tapatalk, and the general decline in using forums rather than more instant social media outlets.

In any case, i'm still here. :p

19. Disciple of Nagash
    Skink

Well our ratty friends are also welcome on our board, we have a section for things we like to eat after all ;)

@Killer Angel / @Scalenex - where's the best place to post my announcement about our Vampire's Amongst Us game?

20. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Probably in this sub-forum, since there are 2 RPG's kind of running and both threads are in here.

Then you could do a flicker referring to the announcement. :)