7th Ed. a casting rule that has been bugging me

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by shahryar, Jan 9, 2010.

1. shahryar
    Kroxigor

shahryar Member

Me and my friend haven't played fantasy that much save for recently so if I am right I'll go with that being the reason for this.

In the rule book it states that you can only cast a spell once per charecter. aka a level 4 fire wizard can only cast fireball once instead of using 4 dice to cast it 4 times.

But my VC friend would use 2 power dice to cast invocation of nehek twice per vampire aka 1 dice for each casting. Is there a rule for vampires that allows this? I am just wondering because I heard of vampire spam casting and was wondering if that's what was meant.

2. spacelizard
    Saurus

spacelizard Member

Not sure about the specifics but there ARE some spells that vampires can cast more than once, provided they have the dice. This might only be invocation though, I'm not sure seeing as I haven't looked through their rule book recently. Lore of Necromancy is REALLY annoying for exactly that reason though.

3. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yep, for everyone you can only cast each spell once per magic phase regardless of the number of dice you have. There are exceptions, and the VC spells invocation, raise dead and dance maccabre can be cast as many times as the VC player has dice.

4. shahryar
    Kroxigor

shahryar Member

where does it say that though? been trying to find it in the book.

5. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Page 38 of the VC army book, under 'necromancy spells' first paragraph.