8th Ed. A couple of rules question.

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Bananmats, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Bananmats
    Saurus

Bananmats New Member

Dobule checking a couple of rules...

1) Can ,for example, a ScarVeteran charge out of a unit of saurus? If yes, can the saurus unit then march or charge themself ?

2) If cupped hands are thrown to a slann who also has it, does he then bounce it back ?

3) Shields for Templeguards or ScarVets can be used for +1 armor save vs shooting?

2. mitros
    Skink

mitros Member

from what i know

1) yes he can charge , the unit can not though i think they can march normally!
    2) i have no clue! but i would say yes but do not take my answer for that!
    3) i believe thats the case ! thats how i and my friends are pleying it!

i think this should be in the rule section!

3. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

1. Yes. He can charge out of a unit. Though the unit may not charge. It can still move as normal during remaining moves. Alternitively the hero can also move out of a unit during the remaining moves. As long as the unit he was in is not in close combat, not fleeing or did not fail to charge.

2. I would say no. Cupped hands says, if your wizard miscats on a 2+ an enemy wizard in line of sight suffers the effects of your miscast. The enemy slann didn't miscast. He is just suffering the effects of your miscast. The item only triggers when he miscasts, not suffers another casters effects. That's how I read it anyway.

3. Of course. Shields give you +1 armor in shooting, in close combat, and anything else that makes you take an armor test. Though I was once told that if you march you don't get your shield bonus. But I'm pretty sure that is an old outdated rule. Although I could be mistaken. I really need to read through my rule book again. Need to stop letting people barrow it. I wish they would just sel that mini book at a good value. Moochers.

4. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

DanBot has it all covered.

Also, moving to rules questions.

5. erians
    Razordon

erians Active Member

Just remember that ScarVets with 2 handed weapons and Temple Guard always must fight with their 2-handed weapons so in this particular case they don't get the save in close combat.

6. Tim-rek
    Skink

Tim-rek New Member

2. I would say no. Cupped hands says, if your wizard miscats on a 2+ an enemy wizard in line of sight suffers the effects of your miscast. The enemy slann didn't miscast. He is just suffering the effects of your miscast. The item only triggers when he miscasts, not suffers another casters effects. That's how I read it anyway.

Does this logic apply to Teclis too (I think it does, my HE playing friend doesn't!)

7. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Yes, it applies to Teclis as well. As stated, it is the effect, not the actual miscast.