7th Ed. A few Carnosaur/Skrok Questions

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by raptorman, Jan 15, 2010.

1. raptorman
    Skink

raptorman New Member

So i had a few questions before I started a game this weekend and its my first time using the carnosaur as my lord. I think I know most of these answers, but I just wanted to be sure.

1. Can a carnosaur lord join a unit like any other character (ex. cold one unit) and if so, could cold ones use there spears in two ranks while a carnosaur is in front of them?

2. If charged, can a Skrok unit have skinks stand & shoot but Krok can still fight in close combat, or does the entire unit have to do the same response?

3. Just thought of a steggie question too. Can the skink unit still use missile weapons (javelins, giant bow, giant blow pipe) if the Stegadon moves or marches?

2. LoqGarMundi
    Skink

LoqGarMundi New Member

1. First off, no, cavalry cannot fight in ranks with pears, only foot spears do that (Warhammer Rulebook pg.56, weapons list and pg. 55 rules) as For OldBlood on Carnosaur joining a unit, that is legitimate, as far as i know. I have done it several times at the local gaming store and in a tournament or two. never got anything against it.

2. For Standing and shooting, I would go with what the Rulebook States on pg. 19.
    I would take this to mean that if any models in the unit being charged has missile weapons, then they can stand and shoot, then CC works out as normal.

3. Any movers may shoot, but take a -1 penalty to hit. As for Marching, Rulebook pg 15
    Lizardmen book pg. 55
    So combining the two, i would take it to mean that no matter what, if a unit moves, it isnt firing, at all.

3. Stegadeth
    Temple Guard

Stegadeth New Member

Did you mean march and not move? It's pretty clear from what you quoted that the Stegadon can move and still shoot, just not march and shoot.

4. raptorman
    Skink

raptorman New Member

Yeah, I think Stegadeth is right about that. So if he moves, can still shoot. If he marches, than no.

And of course there was also another question I forgot to ask (knew it was gonna happen). What is the Unit Strength of a Carnosaur? I'm guessing 4, but would just like some clarification on that. Thanks for the help!

5. Bibamus
    Bastiladon

Bibamus New Member

BRB: US for monsters: # of starting wounds
    ridden monsters: # of starting wounds +1