8th Ed. A few Skrox questions

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Zekaurian, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Zekaurian
    Jungle Swarm

Zekaurian New Member

I'm fielding a skrox unit for the first time in a game this weekend and I'm a bit bewildered by the rules around them. At the moment, they seem very unclear and I'm hoping somebody can explain them for me.

I have 3 questions:

1) Do the Kroxigor get their full 3 attacks each, even though there is a rank of skinks in front of them?

2) Do I get any supporting attacks from the skinks behind the rank of Kroxigor? Or do I just get the front rank of skinks?

3) Can the enemy direct their supporting attacks against the Kroxigor, or only their attacks from their front rank?

If anyone can clear these up for me, it would be much appreciated!

2. Enkill3
    Skink

Enkill3 New Member

3. Stonecutter
    Terradon

Stonecutter Member

One minor change to Q3 based on the 3rd para, spawn kin rules, on page 38 of the AB. Only enemy models in base contact with a krox or in contact with a skink that is contacting a krox can actually direct attacks at the krox. Since supporting attacks do not meet this requirement, they cannot be directed at the krox. In game terms, this is going to require attacks being split up between regular and supporting attacks but at least it will give the poor krox some chance of actually surviving long enough to earn their points.

4. Ondjage
    Razordon

Ondjage Member

Does the Kroxigors get "Predatory fighter" when their attacks are supporting attacks?

5. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Yea, Everybody is waiting on a new FAQ to figure that one out, well pretetory fighter in general.

6. To-neh of LaTigra
    Saurus

To-neh of LaTigra New Member

Well I read Spawn Kin wrong.

I was under the impression that enemies could only direct their atx at Krox if in base with skinks in base with Krox. I.e. could not direct their atx at skinks.

It's a good thing that hasn't come up in a game yet.

7. Dyvim Tvar
    Razordon

Dyvim Tvar New Member

I don't think you read it wrong. I think the stronger interp is the one you initially had.