8th Ed. A little help for the lizards

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by wolfmage, Jul 15, 2010.

1. wolfmage
    Temple Guard

wolfmage New Member

I think they've nerfed the steam tank. The faq doesn't say it is immune to magic and it also tells you to ignore what it says in the codex. Can someone correct me if it did'nt just get easier to kill it.

2. wolfmage
    Temple Guard

wolfmage New Member

When i said immune to magic i meant magic without a strength value.

3. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

You are correct wolfmage, the steam tank has been nerfed. Lore of metal will cook it up nicely!

Also the ability to effect it with debuffs makes it a little less daunting to take it down.

4. Gor-rok
    Terradon

Gor-rok Member

Herein lies the problem with the Steam Tank: I hate it enough that I feel compelled to try and kill it regardless of the cost, occasionally at the expense of actually winning the game. While I'm still perturbed that they made it T10 now, being able to nerf and fry it takes some of the sting away.

Edit: The odd thing is, it still says the thing is immune to Pit of Shades for some reason. I'd assume it would test off the Initiative 3 of the commander, so it still would have a decent chance of surviving; maybe they'll fix it in the next update.

5. wolfmage
    Temple Guard

wolfmage New Member

Also if you lob a blade of realities at it it uses the steam tank's ld not the commander.Instant death to steam tanks.

6. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

Pit of Shades - The problem was that pit of shades would auto-kill the stank, since it automatically fails all initiative tests. That part hasn't changed.

BoR - The stank automatically passes all characteristic tests, except for initiative.

Purple Sun of Xereus will auto-kill it though. Seems like something they might FAQ alongside Pit of Shades. Seems fair that they'd either both work or they'd both just bounce off the thing.