1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Age Of Sigmar - Lizards namedropped

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Mr Phat, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

Mr Phat 9th Age Army Support

bhuddiver and miturian like this.
  2. Trociu
    Chameleon Skink

Trociu Active Member

Despite small role in the end times we will have big role in 9th? Maybe as main nemesis of chaos. I predict big changes for lizards from outer space.

n810 likes this.
  3. Slanputin
    Carnasaur

Slanputin Well-Known Member

As long they don't pick up Bolt Guns and Power Fists whilst they're out there, I'll be happy

Herr Pete and Trociu like this.
  4. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

We already have a warpblade from 40K :D

Remember all the rumors that "LIZARDMEN" wouldn't be supported anymore?
    Name and rule changes incoming.

"The old Ones"

5. Rikard
    Stegadon

Rikard Well-Known Member

I'm in two minds over this one.

On the one hand (evidence above), it appears Lizards do have a passing influence, dropping them/ no updates for them, but still playable doesn't make a lot of sense if you're going to make large references like the one above.

On the other, many of the certified info givers on Warseer, have said quite the contrary. This I could ignore if Harry wasn't one of them, he's always been correct (as far as I'm aware) and I trust the info he provides.

6. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

I have no doubts that if Harry is right, it only means that Lizardmen will receive a namechange.
    Meaning when he says "Lizardmen" will not receive further support, he means its old format.

7. Slanputin
    Carnasaur

Potentially, GW has been moving towards creating a more distinct IP and "Lizardmen" is pretty generic. Re-naming them and flavouring them with more Old One-inspired fluffy stuff would help to make them more original and thus protected within GW's legal domain.

Of course, it could be nothing. A simple nod to create intrigue. The LM may well remain unsupported come 9th...

8. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

Slanputin likes this.
  9. Slanputin
    Carnasaur

Damn dirty ape

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  10. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

People on whineseer are claming that the comment on the old ones could count for any non-chaos faction. I sincere doubt they are right. ._________.

11. Slanputin
    Carnasaur

Ugh...
    • "Descendants of the Old Ones" - Sure, the LM, Elves, Dwarfs, Men, Ogres, and Halflings could all count being their descendants as they are all also their creations (ignoring what ET:Khaine said about the Elvish Pantheon). It could be argued that the LM have the strongest claim to be descendants due to them being the most intimately related faction (culture-wise and being their first creations) who still openly venerate them. At this point however, the debate is open. But if you read further on...
    • "...left before the Chaos Moon destroyed..." before the destruction of Morrslieb, the only races to explicitly 'leave' their homelands in any sense were the Elves and the LM. Both could be referred to as descendants of the Old Ones (again, ignoring what ET:Khaine said). However...
    • "...the Chaos Moon destroyed their homelands" - Lustria was the main focus of Morrslieb's destruction. The Old World survived, Ulthuan was destroyed by the unraveling of the Great Vortex, and Naggaroth is not the homeland of the Dark Elves. Lustria was the homeland of the LM (post-Old One colonisation at least) and was explicitly mentioned as being annihilated by the Chaos Moon.
    This is a clear reference to the LM. It's the most logical answer - Warseer needs to take on-board Occam's MindRazor in their speculation.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    hardyworld likes this.
  12. borkbork
    Ripperdactil

borkbork Active Member

[​IMG]

Gogery, Iskander, Mr Phat and 2 others like this.
  13. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

I completely agree with your post. They are grasping at straws, especially because we're all faced with having our favoured army "squatted" and that exact phrase basically undid any notion that LM will be completely gone from future fluff.

If they'll actually be called LM in the future and be completely based around our current model range is an entirely different discussion.. :p

14. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

ASSASSIN_NR_1 Well-Known Member

Well as we practically were the only "winners" in the End times, besides chaos, Lizardmen will probbaly have some influence in the new book, and I seriuosly doubt Lizardmen will be thrashed, If they wanted to do that, they could have done it in the end times, but Lizardmen "Survived" and are back in bussiness it seems.

15. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

People need to stop saying that we "won" ! :p
    We didnt win any more than the other races.
    At most we postponed our demise.

Chaos slipped into this REALITY, not just the planet.
    Space aint safe

16. Xlanax_lot
    Troglodon

Xlanax_lot Well-Known Member

I am torn between this one too.

On one hand it could be a name change and suport for the new format in qhich case that would be amayzing.

On the other hand, lizardman also started very big in the end Times with two full pages at the beggining of nagash, however their representation in the end times was very dim in my opinion.

17. Krox_v.2
    Razordon

Krox_v.2 Well-Known Member

I have a real bad feeling about this.

borkbork likes this.
  18. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

END TIMES SPOILERS BELOW

That I simply dont agree with.

Thanquol was a book about skaven, yet 1/3 of it, if not more, was about Lizardmen.
    Not only was it about Lizardmen, it was about Lizardmen royally kicking rat-ass and saving the entire planet...again.

Remember: we only lost because the Skaven made a huge _ _ _ _ up , and nearly killed everything with the moon, so that the Slann had to waste themselves undoing it as much as they could.

That book made us justice way better than I dared hope for, and the only thing I am sad about is that we didn't get an incarnate.

A lof of races had a harder time than us. We even got to bring lustria with us to space! How awesome is that?!

Besides, I think there is good things coming our way.

Xlanax_lot likes this.
  19. Sleboda
    Troglodon

Sleboda Active Member

Yeah, actually Chaos Dwarfs got the worst of it. Never even mentioned! Just died (presumably) in some far-off ash wasteland. :)

20. Slanputin
    Carnasaur

You're incorrect: they got mentioned in a single sentence in ET: Glottkin. Crazy, I know.