1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Alphas, Icon Bearers, and Wardrummers

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by killgoon, May 16, 2020.

1. killgoon
    Jungle Swarm

killgoon New Member

Hey all, brand new to AoS and I just bought the Start Collecting: Seraphon box.

It seems I have the option to assemble some of my Saurus Warriors and Knights as Alphas, Icon Bearers, and Wardrummers.

Having at least 1 Alpha per unit seems like pure upside, and like something I should do?

But I'm less clear on Icon Bearers and Wardrummers after reading their Warscrolls. Do they still get to attack as normal if they're Icon Bearers/Wardrummers, or do they only get the Icon Bearer/Wardrummer special abilities? If so, is there any reason not to build one of each per unit?

Thanks, and I appreciate your help!

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  2. Lambs and Lions
    Chameleon Skink

Lambs and Lions Well-Known Member

No reason not to build one per unit. They mattered more in Warhammer fantasy. You can kill who ever you want when you take wounds so always kill though last.

3. killgoon
    Jungle Swarm

killgoon New Member

Awesome, so they're just normal guys with extra abilities?

Kinda as a followup, in Saurus Knights, it looks like you can have 1 in every 5 be a drummer/icon bearer. So optimally, a 20 Saurus Knight unit would be:

1 Saurus Knight Alpha
    4 Stardrake Icon Bearer
    4 Wardrummer
    11 Saurus Knights

Is that correct? Or does it really not matter since you can choose when people die, so you're fine with just 1 Alpha / 1 Bearer / 1 Drummer / + Saurus Knights to fill?

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  4. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

more is better there is no down side and you dont need to be as careful

xoid likes this.