1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alternative lizard swarms

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Diggerydoom, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Diggerydoom
    Jungle Swarm

Diggerydoom New Member

Hi all - I have recently dug out my old lizardman army and I am in the process of re-painting it (currently paused pending the arrival of new paint....)

I was looking to get some lizard swarms and fancied the idea of having it comprise of baby cold ones, rather than the standard lizards - are there any suggestions of models that could be used?

2. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Welcome along!

Interesting idea. There are not yet any models coming to mind for this, but I will keep an eye out.
    Are you searching for actual models or will 3D-files would suffice?

There is a 3D print files thread over here

Grrr, Imrahil

LizardWizard likes this.
  3. Diggerydoom
    Jungle Swarm

Diggerydoom New Member

I was searching for models as I don't have a 3-d printer (unfortunately). Thanks for the other thread though.

LizardWizard and Imrahil like this.
  4. Diggerydoom
    Jungle Swarm

Diggerydoom New Member

5. MikkelangeloHD
    Skink

MikkelangeloHD Member

Found this person on Facebook. First he kitbashed his own kroxigor by compiling 3D print model files and now he has sculped this jungle swarm. Seems like this is exactly what you are looking for! Rafael Jesús González Artal | Facebook Lost Kingdom miniatures also released a 3D print model file of a couple of baby Carnosaurs. There are sellers active on Etsy.com that could provide them for you.

6. Diggerydoom
    Jungle Swarm

Diggerydoom New Member

I had stumbled on that a couple of days ago, but not got round to posting it here - they look excellent!

7. emptyscale
    Saurus

emptyscale Active Member

If you wanted a bat-like lizard swarm there are some pewter baby terradon models on ebay. I bought some a couple of years back for basing and terrain if you wanted to see a picture of how they scale up.

8. MikkelangeloHD
    Skink

MikkelangeloHD Member

I tried looking them up on ebay, to no avail. Could you send me in the right direction? And I'd love some pictures of your terrain :p

LizardWizard likes this.
  9. emptyscale
    Saurus

emptyscale Active Member

TERODACTYLS SMALL DeeZee Miniatures DZ31 28mm Wargames

I haven't actually used them yet, I've been holding off for when I base my 90s Terradons so I can maybe use them on the bases, colour match them and keep some for terrain, but I did see the zip bag they are in the other week so I'll dig them out and take a photo next to some GW models for scale. They are pretty small, about right for swarm size.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PTERODAC...469979&hash=item2afc05aa32:g:nZAAAOSw081f~GSE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They are somewhat simplistic, the faces and undersides have an ok amount of detail on them and I think the top side should be fine once it gets some paint on it. They are also a little bendy so it might be possible to pose them a bit by hand.

As for terrain I was thinking of making another one of these ground nests when I do my next round of jungle terrain. With some broken eggs and maybe terradon babies leaving the nest.
    [​IMG]

But it might be better to make a big tree (like the one the jeep gets throne into in Jurassic Park) and have a nest up in there. Or maybe a Lizardman building that is a square tower Avery.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  10. MikkelangeloHD
    Skink

MikkelangeloHD Member

Their detail isn't the best but I could see them looking really cool as like a small easter egg. I plan on making enormous trees as terrain and sticking one of these lil' guys in the branches will make a nice piece.

emptyscale and LizardWizard like this.
  11. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

I think the above is great for custom lizard swarms.

I'd love to see a lizard swarm of tiny Terradons. Maybe they are a subspecies? Or tiny Carnosaurs from the first posting. Brilliant!