8th Ed. Am I the only one....?

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Arli, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Am I the only one that failed to see the rule on page 3 of the big rule book that any characteristic (movement in my case) cannot go above 10.

In the case of Briona's time warp, I have been playing it as movement 12 for my skinks and stegadon.

That brings to mind the question: What does the spell do for Terradons? Do they only benefit from the ASF and extra attack? (not that you would ever use it on them-vanguard move and all)

No one in my club has called me on this rule. I still love this spell though.

2. Sao
    Cold One

Sao New Member

Yes movement cannot go above 10. However marching is double movement and flying is a special rule, so overides it.

Your gaming club need to seriously think aboutwhat they say! 12'' marchin with skink units is correct, otherwise why would you take them!

Lloyd

3. TheRolfgar
    Chameleon Skink

TheRolfgar New Member

The latest BRB errata+Faq has some clarification on things that can in fact go over 10. Such as the Mountain Chimera with its 4d6 attacks, it can go over 10. There are several examples and I forget if Timewarp was listed.

4. Sao
    Cold One

Sao New Member

The over 10 rule is based only to stat lines. d6's and special rules/magic negate this.

Lloyd

5. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yeah, more to stop things like leadership or WS 11 from items and bonuses. Its not a very well defined rul really, something you have to take logically rather than literally, movement can go above 10 (definitely in cases like spells, charges, marching, banners etc) and attacks can generally be made to get above 10 with limited use abilities. As Sao says, it is to stop base statlines going above 10, not to stop bonuses and the like.

6. Arli
    Skink Priest

Yea, Im good on the marching. I was just assuming that with Briona's time warp in effect, my skinks could march 24 inches instead of 20.

7. HoverBoy
    Ripperdactil

HoverBoy New Member

Sadly for all things M6+, getting timewarped still means M10 and no more.

8. Arli
    Skink Priest

On a side note, another benefit of the time warp should be allowing 3d6 for charges. That would be cool.