8th Ed. Anvil of Doom VS Pit of Shades

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by ZiggZagg, Jul 14, 2010.

1. ZiggZagg
    Jungle Swarm

ZiggZagg New Member

Hey all. New here, but been reading the forum for a while. Got a question. A dwarf opponent and I are about to have a game this weekend in our homemade campaign. The list I have is very magic heavy, with a Slann, an Engine, and 2 Priests on foot.

Now, I have it on good authority (being that I live with him :p) That he is going to bring that accursed Anvil of Doom, possibly with Thorek. This poses a big threat to my Terradons, as well as other units, as he used this thing to great success in our last game he brought it to and made it a tie. Now, I am planning on trying to use Pit of Shades on it.

My (quite lengthy) question is, does the Pit swallow the Anvil. The Anvil has a rule that it is indestructible, but the Pit says "Regardless of any magical protection or special rules they may have". So, which one takes precedence?

2. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

In 7th edition, I believe it was ruled you can't Pit the Anvil, however you can potentially kill off the Runelord with that spell.

3. Juhaaha
    Razordon

Juhaaha Member

Yeah, but many thigs have been FAQ'd differently in 8th.

I cant remember If AoD was warmachine. warmachines allways fail their I test, so I would say yes you can cast pit on Anvil.

Put you can allways place template so that Thorek is under it :p

4. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

I was thinking you were referring to 7th edition, since warmachines are very different in 8th.

Now warmachines and crew are considered a single model, so now you can cast Pit of Shades at the anvil, it will test on the Runelord's initiative, and if it fails the whole thing is gone.

5. ZiggZagg
    Jungle Swarm

ZiggZagg New Member

This was in reference to 7th edition. Not sure that we are gonna move over to 8th edition just yet. We enjoy everything about 7th, no need to convert just yet :D

6. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

Then no, anvil doesn't get sucked into the pit, Runelord and guards have to test.