8th Ed. Any fresh rumors on the next army book?

Discussion in 'Lizardmen Discussion' started by Scalenex, May 11, 2012.

1. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I heard it repeated often that Chaos Warriors were coming next. Is there any hard data to back that up?

Or is it just speculation based on the fact that Chaos Warriors are popular, in need of power leveling, and had some new models from Forgeworld.

Is there an estimate for when the next book is coming?

I'm hoping one of the sixth ed books gets updated next, but I'm not expecting it.

2. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

The only thing that I have seen states that WoC will be the next book sometime later this year. Nothing that supports that though. It has also been mentioned that dwarves are up sometime next year also.

3. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yeah Chaos Warriors will be next, in the second half of this year. There were originally a bunch of rumours a couple of months ago, but its all gone quiet again since then so no real confirmed details, mostly just speculation based on the gaps in the WoC line and what GW has done with 8th ed books so far.

4. Tlaloc of Xhotl
    Skink

Tlaloc of Xhotl New Member

Chatting to my local manager a lot recently and he has this....

June/July - Warhammer 40k Codex: Dark Angels/Chaos Space Marines

August - Warhammer Fantasy Army Book: Almost certainly Warriors of Chaos

September - Warhammer 40k 6th Edition with boxed set: Chaos Space Marines and Dark Angels

October/November - Warhammer 40k Codex: The one of Dark Angels/Chaos Space Marines that wasnt released earlier

November/December - Warhammer Fantasy Army Book: High probability of Lizardmen or possibly High Elves

Next year: Warhammer books probably Dwarfs and Elves/Lizards. Might not see Bretonnian/Wood Elves for a long time if the do the same as they did for Dark Eldar and Necrons (Leave them to almost die out then suddenly bring out a fantastic new range)

He expects Lizards to be soon as they only need a few rules tweaks and a few new models to make them done for 8th (similar to some of the new books -didnt need too much work done). Then they can forget about them for 12 years or so!

5. Scalenex
    Slann

This is speculation, but I noticed a fair number of new releases for 40 K demons that would be an okay fit aesthetically with fantasy demons. Perhaps they are gearing for a Demons of Chaos release rather than Warriors of Chaos.

6. Anton_S
    Temple Guard

Anton_S Member

Hastings recently said that the next 4 books for both games would all be chaos. Meaning Chaos Marines and Warriors of Chaos this year and double Daemons early next year after the Hobbit release.

7. Scalenex
    Slann

Hastings the place or a person?

8. Anton_S
    Temple Guard

Anton_S Member

You never know with the Internet I suppose but I always assumed it was a person.

Here's the exact quote from Warseer:

And link: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?349999-NEW-Deamons-of-Chaos-Rumours

9. Anton_S
    Temple Guard

Anton_S Member

Something more.

Posted on Warseer by Harry:

Harry and Hastings are among the few people to pay attention to in the torrential whinefest that is Warseer.

10. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yep looks like LM will be getting a new book mid next year.

To be honest, I'd rather they focus on some of the older books that need it more (Brets, WE, Dwarfs) and leave us where we are for a while longer. :p Expect to see Slanns weakened significantly and a new unit that will be considered almost essential to take, the dynamic of the book could change a good bit even if it is mostly just tweaks.

11. Scalenex
    Slann

I can see the pros and cons equalling each other if we get a book next year. I noticed before Empire and Vampire Counts everyone seemed to see the new books coming. This next book is having more contradictory rumors than the past books.

12. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

I'm looking forward to whatever our gigantic new multi-part plastic kit is going to be! Only a year to wait...

13. Anton_S
    Temple Guard

Anton_S Member

We get 3+ new plastic kits so it's all good to me.

14. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

My wishlist would be bring back sacred spawnings for saurus, and s5 kroxigor (s7 with gw)

15. Hasnat
    Chameleon Skink

Hasnat New Member

I strongly hope that Slann are not weakened... points increase fine, but not made worse. A Slann is meant to be the a magic master, each a rival to Teclis.

16. Scalenex
    Slann

I seem to see lots of people saying Dark Elves are going to be next. I don't know any details though.

17. IronJaw
    Cold One

IronJaw Member

I'm waiting on Bretonnian and Dwarves. ;)

18. Baergren
    Skink

Baergren New Member

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=11100002

Looks like Dark Elves it is, but i could be wrong. Happens often enough lol

19. Anton_S
    Temple Guard

Anton_S Member

It's Dark Elves all right and they have a release list to turn out collective scales green with envy.

20. lizard_sNow
    Cold One

lizard_sNow Member

I know this might be a little of necromancy but has anyone heard about the next release after dwarves? my brother plays WE and the forum they have is a little uninformed about their release, if it is happening at all. Just wondeing if anyone here has heard about them.