8th Ed. any1 familiar with greenskin special rules

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Xul, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Xul
    Temple Guard

Xul New Member

we played a watchtower scenario during the weekend and there was 1 situation, which I am not sure about: a unit of orcs garrisoned the tower and on start of their 2nd turn, they rolled a 6 "we will show them" on the animosity roll. then they rolled to move 4" (towards the nearest enemy) which took them into contact with my salamander outside the building. the O&G player said this is counted as a charge. however, the standard rules say, that you can't charge out of a building. does any1 have any experience with such a situation?

2. Juhaaha
    Razordon

Juhaaha Member

I'd play it so that it can "charge" from building. Since Animosity movement isnt really a charge, you are just moving your unit, and If you reach your enemy it counts as charge

3. Xul
    Temple Guard

Xul New Member

well, at the same time the rulebook says you need to touch the building with the back of the unit when you exit it and that you can't move further that turn.

4. Eagleblaze
    Temple Guard

Eagleblaze New Member

The only way you can get into combat is via a charge move or a special rule which allows for entering into combat. If this Orc special rule allows this movement to result in ending up in combat I personally would say that it is allowed, but that's just me.

-Eagle

5. Xul
    Temple Guard

Xul New Member

the point here is, that they start the move in the building. rules for buildings say, that even units with frenzy can't charge out of the building. instead they have to move out in the direction of the nearest enemy unit (if they fail the LD test to restrain from charge) and have to follow the rules for moving out of buildings. that's why I say it is not possible for any1 to charge out of a building, special rule or not (if the special rule doesn't exactly state they can do so).

6. Kurlin
    Ripperdactil

Kurlin New Member

Special rules override the BRB. So if the animosity rule states that if you run in to an opponent on the forced move it is considered a charge, then well it considered a charge regardless of the building rule in the BRB. Now I don't have the O&G book on me so I cant tell you the wording of the animosity rule results.

7. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

I was pretty unsure what to think until the army book beats the BRB idea came up, so I think in this case yes the orcs can charge. Animosity is a free move and if you come into contact with an enemy, it counts as a charge, I don't think it mentions buildings. So unless the building section mentions things with compulsory moves (there are a few more that could potentially have the issue, chaos spawn among them and doomwheels though I don't think they could enter a building) then I'd say the orcs come out as normal and if they hit a unit its a charge.

8. Xul
    Temple Guard

Xul New Member

1 more question in that case: what happens, if they hit a unit, which is let's say 2" from the building. how would you place them then? place them in a formation with only so many ranks to fit between the charged unit and the building?

9. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

You would have to. The Waaaagghhh animosity rules force them to move forward. If that was just 2 ranks 20 across, so be it.