1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS AoS 3.0 Starborne

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by TheDireOne, Aug 7, 2021.

1. TheDireOne
    Skink

TheDireOne New Member

I seem to remember in AoS 2.0 FAQ or designer notes they changed our ability to abuse the summoning in the Starborne allegiance. I can't seem to find the rules in AoS 3.0 that stop us from taking 3 slans and an astrolith bearer and using all our spells to gain CPP. This gets even better when you add in Cogs granting +1 spell to all wizards in it's area of effect.

I'm sure I read something that restricted our ability to do this. Can someone please point me to the rules clarification that limits the amount of cpp you can gain from sacrificing spells from Slann's.

2. xoid
    Terradon

xoid Well-Known Member

Each Slann can only sacrifice one spell for d3 ccp. Is that what you are thinking about? It is part of the current Seraphon book.

3. TheDireOne
    Skink

TheDireOne New Member

I think that was in the old FAQ. It's nowhere I can find in the Seraphon book. The starborne entry says before casting their first spell they can convert it to cpp and they lose one spell that round. It doesn't say you can it do this multiple times and it doesn't say you can only do it once. (Page 56 of Seraphon book)

4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

I get what you're saying. I convert ccp before casting the first spell, so i still have to cast my first spell and i can go on with converting.
    Nope, it was clearly not as intended and indeed you are right, it was specified in an old Designer's commentary (april 2020)

000Cattura.JPG

5. TheDireOne
    Skink

TheDireOne New Member

Ah yes! Thank you very much! This is a great comfort and very helpful.

6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

You're welcome. ;)