1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6th Ed. Arcanadon Model?

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Jon McNeal, May 18, 2015.

1. Jon McNeal
    Jungle Swarm

Jon McNeal New Member

Hi guys! I'm new here, but I've been playing Warhammer for some time now and lizardmen are still my favorite race, after all what's not to love about lizard people riding dinosaurs? Anyway, I was browsing the web (looking for all things Lizardmen) and I found this a picture of what is said to be an Arcanadon. The arcanadon is only very briefly mentioned in the book but the model looks pretty cool. I can't seem to find out where it is from though. Can you help me?

images.jpg

2. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

That guy is from 6th edition. There was a campaign book called Lustria which had new units for both Lizardmen and Skaven. The Arcanadon wielded the first iteration of the Engine of the Gods. It used to work like a catapult back then.

As for the model, it was never produced. The one shown is only a conversion that GW made for the campaign book. If you look at the tail and head you can see resemblance to the old Carnosaur model. Not sure where the body came from though.

Slanputin and Trociu like this.
  3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

It's such a sweet model. I would have picked up one of those if they were available.

4. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Side note, that book also gave us the current Tehenhauin model! (and I think the current Saurus Cavalry)

5. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

Are CoRs not 7th edition? Or are the fat dinos all the way back to 5th edition?

6. Fhanados
    Terradon

Fhanados Well-Known Member

I think the model was a conversion based of a Kroot Knarloc, an old forgeworld unit for Tau. Looks like they're not in production anymore, which is sad

Qupakoco likes this.
  7. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

5th edition Army Book was Skink Cold One Riders (Also 6th in the Southlands list, which I really wish they would have kept!!! Back when GW loved it's customers..)
    6th edition Army Book was the Godzilla version of Cold One Riders.
    During 6th, the Lustria Campaign book came out and introduced new models. Almost positive that is where the new Cav showed up because the campagin book has pictures of them EVERYWHERE (marketing 101 doncha know?)
    Then they didn't change a darn thing for 7th. Or 8th :(

stupid dark elves...

NIGHTBRINGER and n810 like this.
  8. Iskander
    Chameleon Skink

Iskander Active Member

I'm a comparative noob, but... I would rather the Engine were still a catapult.

9. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Bainbow Well-Known Member

Psh, nah. I like the current Engine. The ward save means that my saurus can take spears and still get that 6+ like they would from a parry, as does any other nearby unit like Temple Guard or some such. Plus the Engine's bound spell is actually pretty fearsome in the right scenario due to that hideously potent range, great for softening up targets. Plus that -1 to casting value is certainly nothing to pass up, especially for level 2 wizards.

10. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

The Sauric Ace Well-Known Member

That guy was pretty much the final drop in the cup, for me to join the WH table top game as lizardmen.
    I thought it was so unbelievable cool, or whatever a teenage boy would express it as.
    I even remember that I saw it in a White Dwarf magazine in a french class. Funnily enough, I still occasionally get hold of some new lizards and paints them, but do not speak a word of french. What does that tell you about the modern education system....Wait a second, as a teacher I take that back!!!

Oh_Man likes this.
  11. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

Caprasauridae Well-Known Member

12. Krogmonster
    Saurus

Krogmonster Active Member