8th Ed. Army Book Publication Dates

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by IronJaw, Feb 22, 2013.

1. IronJaw
    Cold One

IronJaw Member

So I bought a 1997 and a 2009 version of the Lizardmen army books to go with my 2003 version. I got the 1997 one (I'm more of a collector that I like to admit....) but the "2009" was the one I already had...

I was afraid of this happening, and that's why I bought the one labeled "2009" and had the new cover as the thumbnail. (The Saurus Warrior)

I just want to be sure that I'm getting this right: There's a 1997 (Stegadon), 2003 (Slann), and 2009 (Saurus Warrior) version of the army book. And the "2009" version is the newest?

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

This is our newest book...

lizardman%20armies%20book%20NEW.jpg

3. IronJaw
    Cold One

IronJaw Member

Yeah, that's what I thought (and ordered). But is it known as the "2009" version? I'm returning the item, but for future reference, I just want to be sure. The book was labeled: "Lizardmen Army Book Warhammer Fantasy 2009" so obviously it was a sly deal. ;)

This isn't the first time I got an older book than what was advertised (the High Elven Book from FRP Games).

4. david l
    Chameleon Skink

david l New Member

The simplest source for publication dates is Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer_Army_Book

5. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Lizardmen ISBN 978-1-84154-918-7 February 2009

Yep that out last one it came out early in 7th edition... ;)
    it's rumored that we get a new 8th edition book this summer.

6. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

According to that trend we shouldn't get a new book until 2015. Makes me wonder how true these rumors are.

7. newscales
    Kroxigor

newscales New Member

There are still 3 armies with 6th edition books. I can't imagine GW can put them off forever

8. skillfull_dan
    Chameleon Skink

skillfull_dan New Member

Poor Poor Brettonians...

GW can put them off for quite some time. Warriors, Daemons, Empire, Vampires, and Orcs all received both 7th and 8th edition books. They reprint books that make them money, kind of hard to blame them.

That said. average time between reprints (for the armies they have reprinted in 8th) is around 5 years, which does put lizardmen due Feb 2015, so a book at the end of this year is perfectly feasable.