1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Army listing and Next purchase 2000pt

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Blood Tiger, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Blood Tiger
    Jungle Swarm

Blood Tiger New Member

Hello I recently got a large amount of Seraphon since march for cheap or conversions. having difficulties with list building off what I have. I've been thinking of fangs of sotek with saurus hammer.

Wondering what might be the best course of action if buying specific units is needed. My play group is mostly average competitive listing of mostly Order.

Here's a list of what I have right now.

1 korak
    1 astrolith bearer
    2 skink priests
    3 skink starpriests
    2 of any carnosaur
    2 old blood on foot
    1 sunblood on foot
    2 skink oracle on troglodon

1 bastiladon
    20 saurus warriors
    15 saurus knights ( or -2 with 2 scar-vet on cold ones)
    84 skinks

2. Grotpunter
    Troglodon

Grotpunter Well-Known Member

With our book you generally have to focus on either Skinks or Saurus, not a mix since most buffs are keyworded Skink or Saurus. The Skink Starpriest is kind of an exception and works on both Skinks and Saurus (or anything else for that matter).

Fangs of Sotek is pretty much 100% Skinks since the command ability only works on Skinks(the Skink warscroll, not keyword) and Chameleon Skinks, plus the army wide buff of +3 movement in turn 1 only affects units with the keyword Skink. The subfaction kinda revolves around buffing 40 man blobs of Skinks to the teeth and have them shoot something, wait for your opponent to charge and then shoot again with the Fangs of Sotek command ability while still having full buffs (pretty much all of our buffs last until our next hero phase). Im sure there are people playing Fangs purely to have 10 man Skink screens retreat and waste as much time as possible, but Fangs is largely being played atm with 40 man blobs.

You have a pretty good list of stuff as is. If you want to lean heavily into the Skinks I would consider getting up to ~110-120 Skinks (basically run something like 40 Skinks + 40 Skinks + 3x10 Skink screens + summon), so another 2x 24 Skink boxes. Some people only play with Kroak and some people play with Kroak + Slann. You could grab a normal Slann. The malign sorcery endless spells are pretty big - Most people play with Balewind Vortex + Bound Geminids and some mix in some of the others.

So all in all I would consider:
    2x 24 Skinks
    Slann Starmaster
    Malign Sorcery endless spells

Tav likes this.
  3. Blood Tiger
    Jungle Swarm

Blood Tiger New Member

Thanks for the reply I will look into this more and see what I can get my hands on.

Are stegadons or bastiladons worth considering If i wanted to have like 1 or 2 in fangs?

4. Grotpunter
    Troglodon

Grotpunter Well-Known Member

Im personally not a fan of the Stegadon or the Engine of the Gods for that matter. I dont really see the value in either of them and I dont really feel like they serve any purpose in my army. I really like the Bastiladon because of the immense shooting range it has. The guy has the Skink keyword too so all your Skink buffs will affect him as well.

As Starborne you are most likely always given the first turn since we have tons of drops due to kinda lackluster batallions. Almost none of your spells can reach the enemy turn 1, so I really like the Bastiladon to give you some long range damage poke right away. It is great IMO to poke at support heroes where you can counteract Look out sir with the +1 hit from the Skink priest. That shooting plus boardwide Comet's Call from a Slann can rinse most low wound support heroes rather easily and it is difficult to hide from this due to the 5 move (+3 from Fangs turn 1) and then 24" shooting range.

If you are gonna play with more than 1 Bastiladon, you will probably want to play in Thunderlizard where you can beef them up and have them shoot twice per turn. I really like the summoning mechanic and teleport stuff in Starborne, so I dont personally enjoy Thunderlizard.